CrAzY Bisquette Advance Problem

Started by johnhardy1, January 24, 2009, 06:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: mrphilips on November 22, 2011, 12:45:02 PM
so, i took it all apart (after clearing it with Brian - does not void warranty) and he suggested i may need to losen the screws holding the motor in place, physically push it closer to the micro-switch, and re-fasten it.
i did so, as well as clearing out some built-up smoke-fudge and wood debris, and i seem to be getting my manual pushes back, as well as no missed or duplicitous pushes!
thanks to everyone who got me this far.

funny thing is, every now and then, the motor goes the other direction...
i saw the thread that mentions this in the susanminor FAQs, but what i have here seems bigger than that... as i test this unit by letting it run for hours and also by manually hitting the advance button, the direction the motor turns seems random each time. switching the unit on or off mid-cycle will sometimes also swap the direction.

although it seems to be working normally in terms of 20-minute advances and functional manual-advances, i'm now concerned about the other issue - my unit is going counter-clockwise as often as it goes clockwise!

i left a VM for brian, but he seems busy today. i will await a response, but if anyone out there has an idea, i'd love to hear it!

The motors can run in either direction and should not affect the advancing cycle.

Sorry if I did not reply to your voice mail we have a new phone sysytem and mine is giving me some troubles.

Brian.

mrphilips

well, ok then! great. as i said, it seems to be advancing normally now despite the directional switching, so if that's not a problem, i think i'm all solved.

thanks a lot Brian and everyone else!

Schuedog

I had the same problem with two of my units.  I carefully opened the smoke generator and removed the two screws holding the little switch for the advance cam and removed the switch.  I then took a drill and enlarged the holes on the switch itself with the next sized bit.  I also elongated the holes a little so that when I put the switch back in place I could push it away from the cam a little so that when it calls for a new biscuit the cam is able to move and open the switch before the circuit times out and thinks that the cam has already made a complete cycle.
    I notified Bradley that they need to lengthen the dead time for the switch.

Smokin Soon

Shuedog, that's interesting cause I have had a few intermittant probs myself. The last time it happened I found the cam up against the micro switch at the time of the failure. Switch tested good as well as the motor. Did you happen to take any pics?