ICE STORM!!!!

Started by KyNola, January 26, 2009, 08:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

So glad to hear that you guys are okay Kynola!
Hope you get some power real soon.
Sounds like a very difficult time for all.
Prayers to you all,
Carolyn

Mr Walleye

I was wondering how you were making out KyNola. Certainly as the others have said... good thoughts and prayers are going your way. I hope they can get the power restored quickly for you guys.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KyNola

Thanks everyone.  Jan just called at 12:45CST and our power has been restored.  If it stays on, we're in good shape.  Without cable and internet at home but we can live with out that.

Keep good thoughts for all of the thousands who are not as fortunate as Jan and me.

KyNola

HCT

I'm glad you caught a break Ky. I was just watching the Weather channel and they said some people won't be getting power for 5 days or more. Thought of you immediatly. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

Glad to see you back on the board, and to hear that you and Jan are alright.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

westexasmoker

Glad to hear things are getting better for ya Ky, we just got a small taste of that storm.  Hang in there!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

IKnowWood

Wow. Its good to hear all is ok. We in DelMarVa were under warning on that storm but it went well south of us and faded.  Are area is notorious of the Ice Mess.  Since the Ice storm of 94 in thee parts the power company's have been aggressive in cutting trees well to prevent outage.  Some still happen in heavily congested areas but still happens.  They learned their lessons.  Now power is only out in hours, rather than days/week.  Once in 92 Power in January/February with Ice kept us out of work for a week.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes