$1,080.00 & I'm pissed

Started by Oldman, January 27, 2009, 08:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Came off of I-275 to I-375 and in front of me is a truck with no tag and it drops a piece of cement or block on the road. I hit it hard to the left lane but it got my right front rim. Replacement is $1080.00 with mounting. It still drives Ok but the look really pisses me off.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Caneyscud

Is that to the new ride?  Man I would be sick! 

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

HCT

Damn Olds, I'd be more than pissed. >:(
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

KyNola

Please oh please tell me that was not your new SRT!! :'(  :'(  :'(  Sorry to hear that Olds.  I would be sick.

KyNola

Kummok

Dang, Olds...you've been around long enough to know that the first thing you do with a new car is hit it somewhere inconspicuous with a ball peen hammer...that prevents the "1st ding blues"... ;)  Kidding aside, sorry that it happened but if it must, at least the body wasn't damaged! :-\

Your experience reminds me of a time I was cruising the 91 Freeway in SoCal with the top down....following a truck and keeping a good distance back when I noticed some spray starting to show up on the windshield...thought it was from a freeway irrigation sprinkler so kept driving....it started increasing in density and I didn't see any sprinklers ANYWHERE around....saw some dripping coming from the truck ahead so decided to accelerate around it....got up close and saw dairy cow legs sticking up....turns out the truck was hauling dead cows from nearby dairy farms and the liquid that was dripping was "dead cow extract"....took a week and gallons of cleaning solution to get the smell outta the rig!  :P   No dings though....ball peen trick worked again!  ;) :-\

Oldman

Ya it was the SRT...replacing the rim tomarrow.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!