Found At My Sons House

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 02, 2009, 04:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

My son bought a house on the other side of Fayetteville 1.75 acres. While blowing leaves the other day out back he said dad come look at this. Wow a headstone :o

Took some pics of it and going to do some research on it. Kinda weird having this in your backyard. SPOOKY

nepas

Caribou

Wow!  That is so cool Nepas!  If the house is haunted at least you might know who it was. ;)
Might want to try www.familysearch.com and do a search for that last name, birth and death dates.
Find some clues possibly.
Carolyn

Smokin Soon

My friend bought a place with 10 acres about 40 miles from there in Aberdeen. He is finding some cool old tools and farm stuff, but no headstones yet.

Kummok

Quote from: Smokin Soon on February 02, 2009, 07:38:37 PM
My friend bought a place with 10 acres about 40 miles from there in Aberdeen. He is finding some cool old tools and farm stuff, but no headstones yet.

I can tell you from experience....Check any trees around the house or outbuildings with a metal detector before doing any cutting on them with a chainsaw....lot's of us and our ancestors would put stuff in the crotch of a tree while working on things and then forget about it. Gone through a few chains when trimming and cutting down dead walnut and oak trees on our ranch....sparks fly when you hit an old monkey wrench!

Gizmo

Now how much plumbing can there be in a tree, and some that needed to be fixed on top of that?   ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/