My first smoke! w/pics.

Started by SmokyJoe, January 19, 2009, 08:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokyJoe

I purchased my Bradley the first week of January.. After reading through all of the info here on the forum I have completed my first smoke.. :)

2 Chickens about 4lbs each.. Fed 7 of us for dinner. Had enough leftovers for a small sandwich!  Everyone enjoyed them.

Thanks for all the info..

Out of the brine and rubbed a bit...

Into the smoker....

Ready to slice and eat!!

stillsmoking

Congrats Smokey Joe and welcome to the Forum!  The chicken looks great!  Anything special with the brine and rub?  I envy that nice, shiny smoker you have, mine has not looked that clean for quite some time.

canadiansmoker

Those look great. I'm going to try brining a few birds myself this week. How long did you have those bords in the brine for?

KyNola

Nice going SJ!  Always good to get the first successful smoke under your belt.  Helps to relieve the anxiety that goes along with the first time out.  Chickens look really good.  You have to do something about the glare in your smoker though! ;)

KyNola

Mr Walleye

Like the others said SJ... Looks great and welcome to the forum!  ;)

Now that your hooked that sucker will black with seasoning in no time!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Welcome SJ

Nice looking smoked chickens. Keep that new DBS burnt inside and it will smoke better  ;D

nepas

SmokyJoe

Thanks all! Birds sat in brine for 3 hrs...Simple rub of Adobo seasoning and paprika. After the meal my guests revealed their back up dinner plan is case the chicken wasn't up to par. >:( However they did ask what I was smokin next week... ;D

Ribs are next..Hope to cut down on that "shine" a bit..

NePaSmoKer

Ahhhh

Nothing better than some good Adobo seasoning  ;D

nepas

HCT

Great looking birds, Smokey. I had to put sunglasses on to ease the glare. :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

drano

SmokeyJoe,
Birds look awsome--congrats on a first successful smoke, and welcome to the fourm.
Now run a few more smokes to get that glare covered up w/ a nice seasoning!
get smokin
drano

josbocc

Smokey Joe,

Chicken was a great first choice.  Looks good, bet that it tasted better.  Welcome to the forum.  You are gonna love to do ribs in your Bradley.  I smoke mine for about two hours, remove, slather with thine favorite sauce, and then wrap tightly in foil.  After that, place the foil wrapped ribs on the grill, heat to about 160 internal temp, remove from foil, and just crisp 'em up a little.  My personal favorite, but you'll find lots of great recipes here, and even more great advice from folks that have a lot more experience than me.

Have Fun, and please blacken the inside of that a bit..., I'm goin blind  ;D ;D

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

iceman

Great job SJ. Keep up the great pictures for all of us.