• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Introduction: Soon to purchase OBS

Started by starship, February 13, 2009, 06:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starship

;D  I just signed up on the forums, and will ordering my OBS tomorrow.  This forum had a lot to do with my decision.  Why the Bradley, I have been cooking at 225 on a high powered Ducane Gas Grill.  Stabilizing temp at 225 is a nightmare.  I spend more time in and out the door to adjust the flame, I almost don't want to do it.

The Bradley seems the answer to that.  I am already ordered the Auberon's PID controller. Going to wire it up my self. I am a Industrial Electrician by trade, and could automate this with an Allan Bradley SLC500, but a little overkill for a smoker!
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

La Quinta

Well Starship....no matter how technical you get...welcome to the forum!!! You will find that the people on here are very interested in helping out....just who "we" are!!! Glad to have ya around...tell us how you make out!!!!  :)

Smokin Soon

Welcome to the forum, Starship. Ducane's are nice island grills for steaks, but thats about it. You can do some grand final crisping on things that you have smoked with it!

Caneyscud

Ditto on SS's comment about the Dukane.  Great machines, but as you found out almost impossible to Low and Slow on it.  Welcome, wade in and have fun.

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum starship!

Low and slow is what the OBS is good at.

Don't close the vent on the OBS...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Welcome, Starship and one of the first rules you will learn..........there is no such thing as overkill where smoking food is concerned  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

starship

Well folks,

My Smoker will be delivered this afternoon, i'm like a kid on Christmas eve.
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

car54

Welcome Starship,

I have had my Bradley for over 5 years . Last weekend I smoke 93 lbs of pork butt. It is still serving me well. I do not think that you will be disappointed.

Brad

begolf25

Welcome Starship,

You are gonna love the Bradley.

Bryan

Mr Walleye

Hi Starship and welcome to the forum.

Keep us posted on your projects... both technical and the eating variety!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

deb415611

Up In Smoke

welcome aboard starship,
you did not go wrong with the bradley or the people here.
together we can smoke the world ;D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

canadiansmoker

Welcome starship. You'll love the smoker. I got mine at Christmas and have been using it for quite a few weekends since then. A word of warning, it can get to be very addictive and you'll want to use it all the time because it is so easy to use and the outcome is great!

Up In Smoke

starship,
beware the to do list. once you get smoking with these things and you see some of the things you can do with it
your list will grow rapidly.
i wall papered the kitchen with mine and i still have some left over. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.