• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

No more BBQ sauce availible to forum members.

Started by iceman, February 19, 2009, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BareBones

I am kicking myself right now!! I didn't have an opportunity to order any sauce from you Iceman... my loss.

I suppose I am in denial too... there is no way the sauce was any good! :) j/k of course.

Maybe we can figure out a way to get you some of that stimulus money!! With all the pork in there they will most likely need some sauce to go with it!!

BB

Kummok

Didn't think you could make the sauce any better but you just did....you made it impossibly rare! Glad I still have a few jars left but even more glad that your reason is BECAUSE of a job and not LACK of a job!!

seemore

Bummer for us, but perfectly understandable at the same time.  We still have a couple jars left, so we will bring them out for special occasions.

aces-n-eights

Hi Pat,

Well, bummer!  I saw in your original post that this may be a "pause".  I, for one, hope that perhaps down the road you may decide to go back into production.  Add up the costs, add your profit and toss a number out there - i think you'll have some business!  It has to work for you.  I am certainly willing to pay premium for a premium product!

Thanks for your generosity.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Scotty-G

UGH!!!
Am down to my last jar and was getting ready to order more  :'(  :'(  :'(
These are sad days indeed.

Pat - THANK YOU for making the sauce available to all of us. It truely is the best!
IF you should ever make it available again, I would be more than happy to also pay shipping.
IF you were ever to decide to sell or share the recepie, I might be more than interrested.

Hang in there and I hope you and Ann fare through.

What about your amazing rub, is that gone too?

Scotty-G

standles

Sorry to hear this.   However, it is understandable. 

You are one of the best online folks I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

I truly hope this is a pause and not an end.

Steven

sherlock

I thought I had already responded to this. Thats what I get for thinking. Ice, we fully understand. I tried something quite different but possibly a similar situation. I took what was a hobby and started comercializing it to help pay for some of my expenses. What happened was that the hobby turned into work. I decided one JOB was enough and sent the hobby back where it belonged. I will let you know that I enjoyed both your sauce and Oinker Rub and will always consider you the man. Take time to enjoy your family and don't allow work to take priority over them.

iceman

Thanks for all the input folks. Hopefully this is just a pause. Work has been both a blessing and a curse lately. Lots of friends layed off in the field and my promotion is killing me with hours. Average has been 90 to 100 hours a week on a 3 and 2 rotation. All I seem to do for the first few days home is sleep!!! Then it's catch up on honey does and fly back up to the slope to work. I promise when time permits Ann and I will take care of you folks and get some sauce down to you. Harvest Company and FSA are not working on supplying us any longer with mugs and ingredients so we will have to re group. I'll keep you posted for sure. Take care everyone and keep the smoke rolling for me.  ;D

carnie1

Thanks for the update, How long do ya figure the sauce will last unopened? , I'm getting ready to leave to go up north soon and was thinking about leaving a jar or 2 here in Fl for about 9 months.

iceman

Quote from: carnie1 on March 21, 2009, 05:11:45 PM
Thanks for the update, How long do ya figure the sauce will last unopened? , I'm getting ready to leave to go up north soon and was thinking about leaving a jar or 2 here in Fl for about 9 months.

ADEC said at 65F in a stable temp and pantry type environment well over a year. Never lasted that long for me though  :D

Oldman

I got 3 1/2 jars left.  :'( Used 1/2 jar two nights back on ribs for Mother.

However, when I first read this posting I went on a search. I found that by taking the standard Cattleman's BBQ sauce and added some red pepper it will allow me to "get-by" until you can get back into making your sauce.

We all understand.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Consiglieri

Pat:  we have a massive get together this weekend and I think we'll have a "viking funeral" for the last of the Soppin' Sauce.  Thanks for sharing this great treat with us.

Take care
Consiglieri
Consiglieri

Scotty-G

Quote from: Oldman on March 23, 2009, 08:38:44 AM
I found that by taking the standard Cattleman's BBQ sauce and added some red pepper it will allow me to "get-by" until you can get back into making your sauce.

I'm sorry to hear that Olds, but Cattleman's is nooooo substitute for the iceman's sauce  :(

My wife and I were cleaning out a cabinet where I keep cook books, spices and sauces and behind a set of narrow recepie books was a pot of gold - 2 unopened jars!!!!!  :)  :D  ;D
They must have been pushed back there as other things were loaded in front of them.
Still  :)  :D ;D

Scotty-G

NePaSmoKer

I'm saving my jars of sauce. Now i use Carolina Treet sauce.

nepas

bigredsmoker

:'( :'( :'( I too was about to place an order. We will miss the sauce and will await its hopeful return. Thanks for all you had sent us in the past. I still tell friends the story of how you just send it out on faith and expect a check in the mail. That level of trust is not very common anymore. Good luck in your carrer Ice and I hope things settle down a little for you.

Thanks again!!

Terry