Venison Snack Sticks

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 21, 2009, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

Ed and nepas,

Thanks for the input.  Mama might not lynch me when this comes in, knowing that it's been endorsed.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Roadking

Hey Nepas, When it warms up abit I'll have to take a ride up on the skooter to meet you.

NePaSmoKer

I have the sticks hanging now @130* for an hour. PID is going to bump em up every 2 hours from 145* to 175*. Its 328 outside so it might take some time to get them to temp.

2 smokesticks today.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on February 23, 2009, 06:41:37 AM
Hey Nepas, When it warms up abit I'll have to take a ride up on the skooter to meet you.

Cool

We are having a NE PA smokeout1 on june 20th. Your more than welcome. Lots of food and drink, the pool will be going and the hot tub.

nepas

Roadking

Thanks

Where did you get the metal sticks? My maple one are getting too funky...

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on February 23, 2009, 06:51:23 AM
Thanks

Where did you get the metal sticks? My maple one are getting too funky...

I think i got them here.  http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/27_121

nepas

NePaSmoKer

I have 5 lbs done. It was only 31* today and it took longer to smoke em. Going to do the other 5 lbs tomorrow. After shrinking the sticks are probably closer to 3 3/4 lbs.

Letting them come to trrom temp (bloom) before i cut em up. I never cold bathe my sticks.

nepas

FLBentRider

What's with the top hat on your Bradley ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: FLBentRider on February 23, 2009, 02:12:11 PM
What's with the top hat on your Bradley ?

That's a CCR filtered 12v vent. It has a 4" fan in it. Pulls out excess moisture when doing jerky and sausage.

nepas

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Here is the cut up venison sticks  ;D

nepas

Smokin Soon

That little cool looking stainless Vent looks like the thingie that was on the fuel trucks in my flying days with private aircraft. Could be the same company I guess. Is it adjustable?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on February 23, 2009, 08:14:35 PM
That little cool looking stainless Vent looks like the thingie that was on the fuel trucks in my flying days with private aircraft. Could be the same company I guess. Is it adjustable?

I got it from allied kenco
http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/2754

nepas

Smokin Soon

Nepa, would that vent be suited for a Bradley owner who did not own a dehydrator or as an addition to one who has one?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on February 23, 2009, 09:12:21 PM
Nepa, would that vent be suited for a Bradley owner who did not own a dehydrator or as an addition to one who has one?

Yes it would. Though same Principal applies, don't oversmoke/cook it.

nepas