Pulled pork becomes Chinese takeout at home

Started by Brisket Lover, February 17, 2009, 07:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisket Lover

Smoked pulled pork, added some sweet chili sauce over top white rice and it was better than any Chinese take out Ive had.

Smokin Soon

There is a lot a possibilities for leftover pulled pork, and is well exercised here as my wife is Asian. Can do in a Chinese Hosin Sauce or Korean Red Pepper Sauce or a Filipino Adobo mix. It all seems to blend well and not overpower the good smoke taste. Most of what we do has added grilled onions and garlic to zing it up a bit, but thats entirely up to taste.

La Quinta

Interesting...I go totally Asian (I guess American Asian) I add peas, carrots, nappa cabbage sesame oil, soy, eggs, a smidge of bean paste...I guess I make it to our tastes...which is veggies galore and flavorings...the nice thing, I guess, is that pork is so versitile...it crosses many cultures...gotta love that!!!  :)

stillsmoking

We have been doing a lot with pulled pork, add beans and rice for burritos, veggies with egg rolls, tacos, stir fry with veggies.  The sweet chile sauce and some veggies sounds great. 

La Quinta your flavors sound really good, I would add some fire in the form of peppers or pepper sauce but my thoughts run to " if it makes you sweat while eating it is good".

La Quinta

StillSmoking...I usually add the heat to the "other" meat product I tend to make with the rice...Hot shrimp, chicken, beef..usually cube up the pork so small (in the rice) that it adds it's flavor but is in the second chair behind the veggies...just the way we like it!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: brisket_lover on February 17, 2009, 07:29:37 PM
Smoked pulled pork, added some sweet chili sauce over top white rice and it was better than any Chinese take out Ive had.

Hey wait i'm bringing my box with me  ;D  ;D

nepas

Smokin Soon

Also good with some of the Asian mushrooms I get from the local market here, I can't remember the names and some look kind of nasty, but they are wonderfull sauteed with pulled pork Asian style. Touch of white vinegar and garlic....YUM!

La Quinta

I am a HUGE fan of wood ear mushrooms...hard to find but really good!!!

Smokin Soon

Lq, from what I have learned, the wood ear mushroom is a somewhat harder to find and cheaper replacement for the 0ake mushroom which is easy to find here.

La Quinta

It's interesting you say that SS...the textures of the two are so totally different....but what do I know!!!  :D

seemore

Brisket Lover, that sounds great!  I just so happen to have some spicy chili sauce on hand, so the next time I pull some pulled pork out of the freezer...............I know what I'm having for lunch:  Chinese "carryout"!
seemore

Brisket Lover

Ya, give it a shot.  I think you will love it.  Next Im going to do some chopped brisket with the sauce.