In need of prayer

Started by sherlock, February 16, 2009, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Nathan,

God never makes a mountain too big that we can't climb it.  It may be the most difficult thing we ever have to do, but it is climbable.  And just when you think you can't take another step, you realize that you're at the precipice of that mountain.

One day at a time is all you can ask.

Marc

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

Nathan,
Your most recent post is one of the most touching things I have read in a long long time.  Your love and adoration of Mary Kay is obvious in every word.

I wish you the continued comfort of God's hand.  Know that we will all continue to lift you up.

Larry

Tiny Tim

Nathan.  Take your time with getting a monument to the gravesite.  If you really need something there, you can do what Dad and I did for my sister's site.  We took a Cedar 2X10 and cut it into 2 sections about 3 feet long and connected them edge to edge.  On it, we attached a cement plaque that was given for the memorial service, a picture of her little kitties that she adored, and the brass plate from her office door that the law firm gave to us because my grandmother kept giving Brenda (my sister) crap about having a nameplate on her door.

It wasn't a labor intensive project, but it was very helpful with the pain.  We do, however, only have it out there on Memorial Day weekend, along with some flowers.  As for a permanent monument, that's going to have to wait for my aunt and uncle to decide which color they want (one wants one color, the other wants another) on theirs as it will serve 4 plots, including their and my final resting places.

Tenpoint5

Nathan,
My family sends thoughts and prayers your way.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

oldsmoker

sorry for your loss. my thoughts and prayers go out to you
OLDSMOKER

Up In Smoke

nathan,
feel gods hand on your shoulder, he is there.
there may be times you do not feel like he is with you, but be it through loved ones or friends
he is there.
                                                        god bless
                                                                    jerry
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

sodak

Nathan,

Good to hear things are moving along, albeit slowly.  One day at a time.  You're being thought of by someone out in the middle of nowhere South Dakota.  Thank goodness it's not Arkansas. 

Just kidding, MallardWhacker.

La Quinta

Ya know what smookinrookie...well put...I'm sure Nathan appeciated that post. (If I can so ridiculously be confindant to say so...)

As we all know Nathan is family...You have a big family my friend...across "ponds" and continents...sounds like it's moving along for you...we're here...

Tracy and Bob

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)