My First Cheese Smoke

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 25, 2009, 05:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

Well. we couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. We cut into the Montery Jack this evening, all I can say is mighty mighty fine. It was well worth the wait. Now we're looking forward for two more days when we can top it off with our Canadian Bacon, an egg on an English Muffin.

La Quinta

You go with it Road King...it is killer good...go buy a pack of Hollidaise sauce (no need to make it...get the package)...tells ya to dump in some butter..drizzle that over that CB and an egg...on the english muffin...you are going to be very happy!!!  ;D

Smokin Soon

My recent fav is open faced with an english muffin with butter and hot wing sauce spread on the muffin, Canadian bacon and smoked peppperjack. I do it in the toaster oven until little dark spots appear. Plop a poached egg on top and go! Have never taken pics cause of eating frenzy!

Caneyscud

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 16, 2009, 10:22:02 PM
My recent fav is open faced with an english muffin with butter and hot wing sauce spread on the muffin, Canadian bacon and smoked peppperjack. I do it in the toaster oven until little dark spots appear. Plop a poached egg on top and go! Have never taken pics cause of eating frenzy!
WOW that is an eye-opener!!!   Gotta do that.  Sounds like something that might come up on DDD.  How did you ever think that one up?

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Roadking

We sliced up the CB but didn't get it on the muffin. We had it on a Onion Kieser roll with a fried eggs. Really delicious, the CB was a little too salty for our liking. Next time we make it we'll cut back on the salt, but was impressed how well it turn out.
Last night for dinner we cut into the smoked jalapeno jack cheese. Wife took it and embedded a piece in the center of the hamburgers she made. Very, very nice.

Tenpoint5

Not my first cheese smoke but first time smoking then putting in vac sealed bags. did about 7lbs of pepper jack yesterday. Ambient temp was 64 box temp never went above 73 with a 1:40 mins of smoke. Didn't use cold smoke setup just a foil lined tray with ice in it. Now to do the 10 day waiting thing that you guys talk about. I might be able to make it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Quote from: La Quinta on March 16, 2009, 08:30:00 PM
You go with it Road King...it is killer good...go buy a pack of Hollidaise sauce (no need to make it...get the package)...tells ya to dump in some butter..drizzle that over that CB and an egg...on the english muffin...you are going to be very happy!!!  ;D

Or make some lox and use it instead of CB - Wow!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Roadking

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 17, 2009, 07:41:42 AM
Now to do the 10 day waiting thing that you guys talk about. I might be able to make it.

If i can make the wait, you'll make it, well worth it.

Quote from: Caneyscud on March 17, 2009, 08:07:03 AM

Or make some lox and use it instead of CB - Wow!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
OH yeh! Love them LOX, never made it, but going to try it sometime.

Smokin Soon

Quote from: Caneyscud on March 17, 2009, 07:32:44 AM
Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 16, 2009, 10:22:02 PM
WOW that is an eye-opener!!!   Gotta do that.  Sounds like something that might come up on DDD.  How did you ever think that one up?

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'

I came up with this as some friends and I were using  some wing sauce as a dip for Pretzels. Later on for a late night snack it seemed a natural for the Canadian Bacon muffins.
I use Louisiana Supreme Wing Sauce. Not found in stores here.

http://www.thecajunconnection.com/bullards.html