Howdy!

Started by Kingdom Smoker, February 26, 2009, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingdom Smoker

My first OBS arrived today and I'm anxious to get started.  I have had a small charcoal smoker in the past and while it did okay, was hard to regulate and keep going.  I saw the Bradley brochure and was hooked!  Need to figure it all out, find a couple "easier" recipies and give it a shot.

Mr Walleye

Hi KS and welcome to the forum.

If you haven't been to the recipe site yet just click on the smoker in the bottom of my post. Lots of tried and true recipes there from all the fine folks here on the forum.

Now get that bad boy "seasoning" !  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KyNola

KS,
Welcome to the forum!  You will love your OBS and the folks on this forum.  First thing you should know is there will be a learning curve for your OBS.  That's OK, that's why we are all here.  You can't ask a question that has not already been asked and none of them are stupid.  Second thing you should know is once you have gotten comfortable with your OBS, you will give your charcoal smoker away. :D

Congratulations on your purchase.  You won't be disapppointed in your choice.  Don't be a stranger and let us know how we can help and tell us all about your results!

KyNola

La Quinta

Welcome Kingdom...Ky and Fishman pretty much said it all!!! Glad to have you aboard!!  ;D

HCT

Hi Kingdom, as the others mentioned, enjoy.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  It is always nice to have the first smoke turn out great.  Really builds confidence.  To that end, I would recommend pulled pork.  It takes a long time but is hard to screw up.  Just be patient and don't rush it.  As an alternative, you may want to try the chicken wraps.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

Welcome to the forum KS.  :)
Manxman

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

nickld

Howdy KS and welcome to the forum!

I agree that a pork butt is a good starter project. Having said that I realize that I have never done a chicken in my OBS. Guess I have a project for this weekend.

~Nick

West Coast Kansan

As above welcome and let us know how things work out with the smoker. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Kingdom Smoker!

Pulled pork, Smoked chicken, Check out the recipe site.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!