Pucks not advancing all the way

Started by seagravedriver, June 14, 2009, 04:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seagravedriver

I have a used OBS that I got for free.  I had to put a new motor in it, (fast service, priced more than fair), and it installed easy but.......The pucks are not getting pushed all the way clear so another can drop into place.  The device pushes the pucks only halfway.  It seems as if I have put the motor on and the "timing is off".  The motor turns all the way, it just does not push the advance mechanism far enough.  Dang, that was hard to explain.  No funny noises coming out of it, which is a relief.

seagravedriver

OK, hate to admit it being a guy and all ;).  I think I put the motor in turned opposite of the way it should have gone in.  So I was backward.   This not a good start for me :P

Habanero Smoker

Hi seagravedriver;

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you resolved your problem. If not this tip sometimes helps.

Bisquette Advance Problems

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

A free OBS is a good thing!  When you get this straightened out - I hope to see pics of some great smokes!  BTW - welcome to the forum!  No questions = longer learning curve and who wants that?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

What ?         

FREE

I never though I would here that word again.

seagravedriver

Free.  Well I kinda feel like that dude in "Taladaga Nights".  A friend is separated from his wife, and there was no where for this item to go except the Goodwill store.  I am just doing my part to help a buddy.  In all honesty, we are hoping for reconciliation, and he will get this item back.  BUT, by then, family will be hooked on it, and I will have to buy another.  I think I am going to love this thing.

OU812

Hope everything works out for your friend, ben there done that. Not fun.

The family will love what you make in the Bradley, may take a couple times to get it the way you like it. Just stick with it and take notes, helps for the next time on what to change if needed.