Mich. baseball park to offer 4,800-calorie burgers

Started by HCT, March 25, 2009, 10:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

Well, at least the salsa is low-cal. The West Michigan Whitecaps, a minor league baseball team, will be offering up major league cholesterol, carbohydrates and calories in an enormous hamburger being added to the menu this year at the Fifth Third Ballpark.

The 4-pound, $20 burger features five beef patties, five slices of cheese, nearly a cup of chili and liberal doses of salsa and corn chips, all on an 8-inch sesame-seed bun. That's a lot of dough!

The Grand Rapids Press reports that anyone who eats the entire 4,800-calorie behemoth in one sitting will receive a special T-shirt. Saner fans can divide it up with a pizza cutter and share.

The Midwest League team is a Class A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers

Might just take a trip to Michigan. :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

pensrock

Theres a local beer pub that has some of the largest burgers in the world.
Check it out at: http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/

Last December:
BREAKING NEWS! NEW RECORD!       
Thursday, 11 December 2008 22:23 
Brad Schuillo from Uniontown, Pa finishes the Ye olde 96er!!!!

That's right Burger fans, a new record was set on Thursday December 11th when Brad Schuillo returned to Denny's Beer barrel Pub to try and break the record for the Ye Olde 96er. Brad recently finished the 15lb Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser in 4 hours 39 minutes, quite a feat.

The Travel Channel was there for a taping of a new TV show and so was Brad in his quest for the record. It didn't take long before half the burger was gone and the thought of a record was in his sights.

Brad finished the Ye Olde 96er in 2 hours and 23 minutes, A NEW RECORD!

Congratulations Brad!

Check out the time he ate the 15# pounder!
http://www.slashfood.com/2008/10/18/pennsylvania-man-polishes-off-20-pound-burger/

Heres a few pics of the other burgers including the 123 pounder.

6 pounder

15 pounder

123 pounder

Smokin Soon

I can just "look" at that behemoth and have chest pains! ;D ???

beefmann

that burger could feed 5 gators for A month....

pensrock

You see all the lettuce and tomatoes, those veggies cancel out any bad that comes with a burger.  ;)  ::)

3rensho

Hope they have an EKG unit and a defibrillator behind the bar.  Does look tasty though.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

iceman

Man O Man and I thought I broke the world record for consuming more cold brews per pound of meat coming out of the smoke house than anyone else.  :o That burger makes a McKinley Big Mac look like a one biter!!!  :D My buddy Stumpy once ate 12 ea. 1/4 pound patties from you know who and fed the woods in my back yard for an hour or so.  ::) Man I hurt just looking at those things.  ;)