Pulled the trigger...

Started by Murph, March 29, 2009, 02:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

OK...after a couple of months of talking to fellow smokers at work and hovering around the Bradley forum....I've committed...or will be committed.  ;D   Purchased a 4 rack DBS today online...hoping to have it by the weekend to give it an initial run with some ribs!   Hmmmm....I am hungry and can't wait!!

Murph

Mr Walleye

Hi Murph and welcome to the forum.

Lot's of fun and good eats ahead!  ;)

Keep us posted on your projects.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

Hey Murph, welcome to the forum.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Murph!

Season your smoker, check out our recipe site and FAQ, and make sure you don't close the vent on the smoker all the way.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

starship

Welcome Murph!

Ah, A man after my own heart, ribs first.

Enjoy, OH, check out the link in my sig, a lot of good rib information there!
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Caneyscud

Murph,

Welcome aboard.  If you can be committed for buying a smoker there are a lot of us around that should be committed then.  Some of us many times over!  We'd all be in good company!  How did the ribs turn out - BTW?

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Murph

Thanks for all of the welcomes and tips.  I'll be spending alot of time in the forums this week figuring out how to season the smoker and what to do for my first smoke of ribs.   I'm in the "Is it here yet?" mode right now....hasn't even shipped and I'll be checking the porch a couple of times today for it anyway.   ;D

Have a great week,

Murph

lumpy

Welcome to the Forum Murph.

So whats the next toy? and don't say "thats it, the Bradley is all I need"
Give it a few weeks and let the addiction spread ;D

Lumpy

Caneyscud

I like your Philosophy Lumpy!! ;D

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire

NePaSmoKer

Good choice, take lots of pics and enjoy.
BTW Welcome to the forum.

nepas

josbocc

Murph,

Welcome to the forum.  Be forwarned, this can be an addictive place.  Best of luck with your rib endeavour.  Make sure that you season the smoker first.  Remember to come back here often.  These folks are the greatest, they never criticize (unless you really ask for it  ;D) and are always willing to lend advice.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

seemore

Welcome Murph!  Great bunch of people on this forum!

Murph

Thanks Folks!

Lumpy:  I used that exact line on my wife...that's how I got my DBS!  I think it was like this "All I'll ever need is a DBS smoker, a cpl of boxes of smoke pucks and an electronic temp guage....and I'll never bother you again".  I have to "stay the course" at least for a couple of months or I may not live long enough to enjoy the fine eats that will come with my smoker.   :D

BTW...checked the porch several times and no smoker box showed up.  Guess I shouldn't have been expecting next day service when I don't think it has even left the docks yet...that will give me more time to prepare.   

Adios,

Murph

Caneyscud

Quote from: Murph on March 30, 2009, 06:03:24 PM

Lumpy:  I used that exact line on my wife...that's how I got my DBS!  I think it was like this "All I'll ever need is a DBS smoker, a cpl of boxes of smoke pucks and an electronic temp guage....and I'll never bother you again".  I have to "stay the course" at least for a couple of months or I may not live long enough to enjoy the fine eats that will come with my smoker.   :D

I believe that there could be lots of dittos to that line.  However, I will leave you with one thought!  Be honest with yourself - do you really think you got one over on her?  My experience is that, sorta like a tea bag, paybacks sneak up on you unawares!  ;D ;D ;D oh ouch!   ;D ;D

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire