• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cleaning

Started by birdboy, January 22, 2005, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChefBill

I've used something years and it worked pretty good in my old smokers. I went to the appliance parts house and bought a spray can of "Food Grade Silicone Spray". When I got my new BS I put the racks and pans thru the dishwasher and then sprayed them down with it. Then I wiped the excess off with a cotton rag.
I also sprayed the door gasket and it's mating surface on the cabinet, makes the door close and seal real easy. Also, easy to wipe off and comes clean quickly.
After smoking, I just put them in the dish washer and out they come pretty clean. [:)] HOPE THIS HELPS. [:)] Bill

If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

ChefBill

<b>UPDATE:</b> On Silicone Spray. I just got up this morning and checked the Racks, Drip Pan Etc. in the dishwasher. They were spotless and clean as new. This was the first time I'd used my new BS and I'm happy to say that everything turned out great. (4 Butts for pulled pork)  Bill

ChefBill

<b>UPDATE ON SILICON SPRAY</b>
I just did a 13 hr run with a brisket and forgot to spray the rack & tray with silicone after the last run in the dishwasher. It looked like hell when I got thru with this session... I decided to run it thru the dishwasher and behold it came out clean again.<b>KOOL[:D]</b>
I will remember to spray it B4 the next smoking... Don't want to push my luck a third time.   Bill