maverick 73

Started by oldsmoker, April 11, 2009, 01:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsmoker

Just got my maverick setting it to smoke pork butt. set to what instructions said. transmitter giving out smoke house temp and butt temp. receiver giving out none just flashing. is this normal? all help  welcome.
OLDSMOKER

Mr Walleye

OS

I always turn on the transmitter then the receiver but do it at the same time or close to it. It sounds like the receiver just isn't getting the signal. Try turning both off and start again.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

oldsmoker

Thanks MIKE. did what you said work great. had to get a maverick seems that all use it and love them.
OLDSMOKER

Up In Smoke

OS,
great choice on the maverick.
i usually will not buy an accessory for my toyools till check with the people
here.
if they won't use it i can't choose it! :)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Smokin Soon

If I remember the instructions I think you only have a 30 second or so window to activate the receiver after the transmitter is turned on, so have them both side by side. Hope this helps.

Ka Honu

Quote from: Smokin Soon on April 11, 2009, 06:32:31 PMIf I remember the instructions I think you only have a 30 second or so window to activate the receiver after the transmitter is turned on, so have them both side by side. Hope this helps.

That sounded strange to me so I dug out the instructions for my Maverick ET-7.  They say, "... switch the receiver to OPERATE (IMPORTANT: The receiver must be turned on before the transmitter) and then within 60 seconds switch the transmitter ON."  That's probably the reason I took a Sharpie and put "1st" on the front of my receiver.

Seems to me it would be the same for the ET-73.