Fatty Recipes

Started by pfowl01, April 09, 2009, 06:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on April 14, 2009, 01:17:38 PM
I dont know if you call this a fatty or not but i call it goooooood.
Take a loin (i use deer back strap)cut to about the lenght of your bacon. Cut it the long way about half way through then beat it flat kinda like you would a chicken fried steak. Then sprinkle on some tomato powder just like you would a good rub,one pound provalone cheese one bunch green onions half of a red pepper two or three jalapenos about half pound portabella shrums top all this goodness with pepperoine looks kinda like a pizza now. Roll this bad boy up tight place on your bacon weave roll again. I smoke mine at 250 F till the int temp is 145 F. I have frends that have said they hate deer, till i through this in there face. Now they come over every deer season with there hands out.
If you want to call that a Fatty ok its a Fatty but what ever you call it, it sounds PDG!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pfowl01

Nepa,

Sounds good....I will definitely be giving that a try ;D Thanks again ;)

pfowl01

Quote[/qDextrose gives it a slight tangy flavor, you dont have to add it. Garlic is powdered in the recipe, or you can add chopped fresh. I run the temp 200 to 225*
uote]

Nepa,

If I'm cooking between 200-225deg do I need the curing salt in there? I thought that was only for cooking below 200deg?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pfowl01 on April 16, 2009, 06:52:55 AM
Quote[/qDextrose gives it a slight tangy flavor, you dont have to add it. Garlic is powdered in the recipe, or you can add chopped fresh. I run the temp 200 to 225*
uote]

Nepa,

If I'm cooking between 200-225deg do I need the curing salt in there? I thought that was only for cooking below 200deg?

If you put smoke to the fatty yes i would add the cure.

nepas