• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

If you think the OBS is complicated, think Again - Whole Chicken

Started by Carter, April 21, 2009, 09:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carter

If this is too hard for you, then the OBS is not for you:

1 whole chicken
Rub chicken with Rub of Choice  (I either used Memphis Rub or Southern Succor - I don't even know - it was in my fridge).
Into smoker for 1 hour using smoke of choice (I used Maple).
Into 400 degree Oven for 1 hour.
Remove from Oven.  Tent in foil while cook rice and make salad.
Cut and eat.
Delicious.  Make sandwhiches during following week for lunch.

We made this on Sunday.  It was so easy and so delicious.  Wow.  this is me patting myself on the back (Pat Pat Pat).

No pictues, but just thought I'd share a very positive, very easy experience.

Carter

KyNola

heh heh heh.  Nice job Carter.  I don't see how you held up under the pressure! ;)

They really are uncomplicated aren't they?

KyNola

Carter

I love it.  It's because it's spring too and there's so many more good smoke jobs to go.  Ribs? Pulled Pork?  Briskett?  Who knows what will be next?

kingsize

I don't even have OBS yet (next week I will) but I have 17 different recipes to try out.. pork, beef, venice, poultry, jerky, salmon, cold, hot. This is fun! My wife is mad because only thing what I am doing at the home is this forum...  ;D

by the way, bad weather for the smoking outside. Temperatures are in Celcius.

http://www.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/weather/local.html?place=Lappeenranta

Born to be wild but not at home

MallardWacker

I can tell you what...there is nothing better when it comes to chicken salad sadvich's then using a whole chicken (both white & dark meat)that has been smoked.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Smokey the Bear.

I know what you mean Carter. I just did 2 chickens yesterday, yuuuummmeeeee .Today is a 5 lb brisket. Enjoy.  If you were thinking about making bacon at Birchmount / Danforth at the chinese market they have very nice cuts of pork bellies. :P
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

Carter

I'm on holiday next week Smokey (11th through the 15th).  Going to do a little Walleye fishing at the family cottage for some of it, but we're also going to be doing our spring planting so I'll probably have the smoker running the whole time.  May even engage in a couple of wobbly pops.  I'll definitely be making my way over to that Chinese market because you've mentioned it a couple of times and I think it's high time I check it out.

Thanks for the tip.

Carter

Smokey the Bear.

Enjoy your holidays and good luck fishing for the pickeral.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

starship

Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

bigcatdaddy

Wow!!  I don't know....sounds pretty complicated to me!!! ;D

BCD

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokeville

Quote from: MallardWacker on April 21, 2009, 11:48:26 AM
I can tell you what...there is nothing better when it comes to chicken salad sadvich's then using a whole chicken (both white & dark meat)that has been smoked.

That is so true! Although I think chicken salad from Cornish Game Hens is imho even better. Maybe the size of the birds?

Gizmo

Quote from: MallardWacker on April 21, 2009, 11:48:26 AM

Quote from: Gullrock on May 10, 2009, 01:15:12 PM

That is so true! Although I think chicken salad from Cornish Game Hens is imho even better. Maybe the size of the birds?

You mean like these, after coming out of the BE to crisp up the skin?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/