A unique ice cream

Started by seemore, September 13, 2008, 06:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

Hey everyone, Mrs. Seemore here!  It has been a VERY LONG time since I last wrote about anything on this Forum.
In fact, the last time was when I had a question about smoking a fresh ham.
Well, today Mr. Seemore tried something very unique, and very good indeed:  jalapeno ice cream.  Have any of you ever tried this?
We sliced 10 jalapenos very thin, and put them in a solution of 1 cup of water mixed with 1 cup of sugar.  We cooked this mixture for about 20 minutes, and then drained the liquid, reserving it.
We put the jalapeno slices in the freezer to chill quickly.  In the meantime, we made vanilla ice cream according to our ice cream maker instructions.  During the last five minutes of the ice cream making process, we added the jalapeno slices.
For those of you who like that sweet/hot combination, this ice cream is IT!  You can always put a little of that jalapeno "syrup" over the top of the ice cream too.   :)

Tenpoint5

Now that Sounds AWESOME. Just happen to have a bunch of Japs in the garden taht I was gonna smoke and dehydrate and make powder out of. Looks like I might be making some Ice cream with a couple.

And Welcome Back!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gizmo

That does sound tasty.  Might go good over my habanero lime cheese cake.  :o
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I'm one of those strange people who don't like ice cream, but I can tell this would be great. Both the ice cream and cheese cake sound like great flavor combinations. The fats in the milk and cheese will also help cut down on any lingering heat.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

I know I'm gonna like this. ;D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

shadow0000

Looks tasty and so delicious ice cream of you work...

seemore

Thanks, Shadow!  It really is good!
Welcome to the Forum, by the way!!
Seemore

arlyn9391

Quote from: seemore on September 13, 2008, 06:45:30 PM
Hey everyone, Mrs. Seemore here!  It has been a VERY LONG time since I last wrote about anything on this Forum.
Well, today Mr. Seemore tried something very unique, and very good indeed:  jalapeno ice cream.  Have any of you ever tried this?
We sliced 10 jalapenos very thin, and put them in a solution of 1 cup of water mixed with 1 cup of sugar.  We cooked this mixture for about 20 minutes, and then drained the liquid, reserving it.
We put the jalapeno slices in the freezer to chill quickly.  In the meantime, we made vanilla ice cream according to our ice cream maker instructions.  During the last five minutes of the ice cream making process, we added the jalapeno slices.
For those of you who like that sweet/hot combination, this ice cream is IT!  You can always put a little of that jalapeno "syrup" over the top of the ice cream too.   :)

That is very unique, and very good jalapeno ice cream, maybe.  But I never yet try this. Well, thank you for your gave instructions with us on how we must do that jalapeno ice cream. And maybe I could try it.

Caribou

Thanks for sharing this,
I'm always intrigued by mixing peppers into sweet things like jams and jellies so I will have to try this, too.
The most unusual ice cream I have made was ginger ice cream like they serve at Asian restaurants.  It was really good.
Carolyn

Roadking

Quote from: seemore on September 13, 2008, 06:45:30 PM
My wife's girlfriend does that to her homemade strawberry and raspberry jams. The ice cream sounds great.