Stuffed Jalepeno's

Started by easyridinole, June 28, 2009, 12:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyridinole

Started with some cored out jalepeno's

Stuffed with pre cooked italian sausage mixed with cream cheese.

Put some bacon on top and secured with toothpicks.

I smoked them at 200 degree's using Jim Beam smoke pucks.

They turned out really good. When I do these again I think I am going to add a little more kick to the meat.
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Up In Smoke

Now that's what i am talkin' Bout!
i have not tried these in any fashion but this just kicked me
in the rump.
the idea of cream cheese and meat..........Awesome!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

pensrock

I've made many different kinds, if you want more heat, finely chop a hab up and mix it into the filling. Mmmm

smokeitall

How long did these take in the smoker?  I am going to make up a dozen tonight.

Roadking

Lookin good! What ratio of cream cheese to cooked sausage did you use?
After having them at the Smokeout I ordered the pepper holder, should be here any day.

mikecorn.1

Looks good, how long was the smoke? How did you clean them out like that. Is there a lot of heat left in them after you cleaned them out. My family is not much on the heat factor, we like the jalapeno flavor, thanks
Mike

pensrock

Mike, if the penos are too hot, after coring try blanching them in boiling water for a minute to remove a little more heat. You can always use the wax peppers and do the same thing. There are various ways to clean them out, a fruit pealer, a small knife, a friend of mine took a grapefruit spoon and ground it down so its a little smaller and sharpened the edges.

Roadking, so you like them eh? You can use pretty much any mixture you like. I'll normally use about 50-50. I have used all sausage, sometimes sausage and cream cheese, other times sausage and shreaded cheddar. I've used several mixed cheeses together, leftover brisket or pulled pork mixed with cheese (is great!), taco flavored filling. Whatever you feel like stuff it in!  ;D

You could use ham, mashed taters and wrap the whole thing in pizza dough and submit it for the Iron chef comp.  :) I have done a similar thing although not with ham and taters, I take a stuffed peno and wrap it with cheddar/garlic bisket mix and bake it in the oven till done. These are really good!

SIA, It depends on the smoker temp but if its 200-250, I would leave them in for 30-40 minutes. Normally when the bacon starts to crisp up they are done.

mikecorn.1

Preciate the info. You guys and gals come up with so much; i want to do everything i see posted. thanks for the pics. Everytime i see something i like i email it to myself for future reference. thanks again.
Mike

easyridinole

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 29, 2009, 12:17:36 PM
Looks good, how long was the smoke? How did you clean them out like that. Is there a lot of heat left in them after you cleaned them out. My family is not much on the heat factor, we like the jalapeno flavor, thanks

mikecorn.1,
I smoked them for one hour and twenty minutes and then another 40 minutes with just heat at 200 degrees. I actually used a potato peeler to clean them out and it worked really well! Personally I don't think they are that hot at all.

Quote from: Roadking on June 29, 2009, 11:39:47 AM
Lookin good! What ratio of cream cheese to cooked sausage did you use?
After having them at the Smokeout I ordered the pepper holder, should be here any day.

Roadking,
I started with about 4 ounces of cream cheese to one pound of Italian sausage and put it in the food processor to mix it up and I didn't think it was enough cream cheese so I put 2 more ounces in and that's why they look a little pasty. They still turned out really well though.
Pens is right, I think you could stuff them with whatever your heart desires! ;D
Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Roadking

Years ago wife and I used the small chili peppers cut length wise and cleaned. We'd fill them with a chop meat mixture with garlic, onion, pepper flakes, and salt. They were alot smaller then the jalapenos. But they would knock your socks off, definitely not for children.

NePaSmoKer

I am doing a few today.

nepas

smokeitall

I made 10 last night.  I stuffed with a 50/50 breakfast sausage and cream cheese, and wrapped in bacon.  About 1 hour 20 minutes on the smoker and they were knock your socks off good.  I ate 5 right away and brought in the other 5 to the office for the guys to try, needless to say I have a request for a repeat.

Sorry no pictures my camera didn't want to work.

BigJohnT

Are you going to bring some tomorrow?

John

smokeitall

If I had any penos left I would.  I picked all the ones that were big enough.  Should have more for my next trip down there.  How bout you save me a piece of Nepas famous jerky and I will make up a batch of bacon wrapped penos for my next trip.....DEAL?