Cold Smoker Adapter

Started by digitalsmoker, May 16, 2011, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalsmoker

I was wondering if anyone had any pics or video's of the cold smoke and how well it works. Also what do you smoke besides cheese? Can I make a homeade one if so can someone give me ideas on how to make one? Just don't know if its worth the 100 dollars. Thanks

Quarlow

DS you can make a suitable cold smoke attachment with a cardboard box and some dryer pipe. I and others have made them and they work good. I will look for the pics of mine.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

watchdog56

I use the box and dryer vent also. Works great and  alot cheaper.  I have smoked cheese and steaks,I take my steaks right to the grill afterward and they are good.

digitalsmoker

Quote from: watchdog56 on May 16, 2011, 05:56:46 PM
I use the box and dryer vent also. Works great and  alot cheaper.  I have smoked cheese and steaks,I take my steaks right to the grill afterward and they are good.
Quote from: Quarlow on May 16, 2011, 05:52:17 PM
DS you can make a suitable cold smoke attachment with a cardboard box and some dryer pipe. I and others have made them and they work good. I will look for the pics of mine.
Quote from: digitalsmoker on May 16, 2011, 05:27:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any pics or video's of the cold smoke and how well it works. Also what do you smoke besides cheese? Can I make a homeade one if so can someone give me ideas on how to make one? Just don't know if its worth the 100 dollars. Thanks

Hey how well would this work out http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=21134.0   look like he is only getting it as low as 96 degress

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

GusRobin

A lot has to do with the ambient temperature
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ghost9mm

Seen cardboard boxes, mailboxs just about anything along with a piece of dryer vent hose that you can get at most hardware stores.. if you search around the forum you will be able to find a plan to build one..good luck
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Quarlow

the mailbox one is super cool. I was going to make one like it but I have somethings that are going to change my life style in the next couple of years so I need to wait. For now the Vodka box works just fine. On the other hand I can always pass it on to my brother who is a pretty damn good smoker too. Actually he makes better jerky than I do.

OBS
BBQ

ghost9mm

Here is the link to the modified mailbox cold smoker...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=16207.0
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Quote from: ghost9mm on May 18, 2011, 03:14:03 PM
Here is the link to the modified maolbox cold smoker...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=16207.0

Well what do you know, never even seen that post and I made a cold smoker kinda like that last year also.

I use a foil drip pan form TBE for the water bowl and catch the pucks.