How do you search the forum?

Started by robs, August 12, 2006, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robs

Does it work for anyone?

Its seems to work for some words, but not others. If I search for thermocouple, or tc, it only finds one (relevant) post (mine). The rest of the results don't even contain thermocouple or tc.

Thanks

Oldman

robs there are two search engines for this board. It sounds like you are using the one up top on the right.

Read this whole thread and I believe it will help you understand how to find things.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=3373.msg30509;topicseen#msg30509

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

robs

Hmm, using the search tab instead of the search field at far right produces the same result.

ie, searching for "thermocouple":

The first hit is good.
The second hit contains one post:
This weekend we are upgrading the recipe site. I'm not sure what day Cyber-Dude will do it. During the upgrade the site will be down.....

Olds

Not sure how this text would be relevant to my search.

Anyway, thanks for the help. It looks like if you perform a search, some of the results are relevant if you sift through the results. It's a little bit better than just manualy browsing the titles of each topic. (but not much)

I do appreciate the response Olds.
rob

Habanero Smoker

Stange. I'm getting the same results, but did come up with one more hit specific to the search.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=2739.0

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Ha ha I got 20 PAGES .... :o

Just type in  thermocouple and leave the * where the name would go. Next set it so the threads show and not the title.

QuoteThis weekend we are upgrading the recipe site. I'm not sure what day Cyber-Dude will do it. During the upgrade the site will be down.....
That has nothing to do with this site.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!