Iron Chef Ingredients and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, April 18, 2009, 06:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Fishman...you are a knight in shinning armour.... :)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on April 25, 2009, 06:05:13 PM
Aaargh!  My smoke generator is not working.  Put two butts in today and checked it an hour later and nothing had moved >:(  Tomorrow I'll take it apart and check it out but you might be lucky 10.5 - I might not be able to smoke my entry.   >:( >:( >:(

If I can't enter I know that LQ's entry will be WAY better than yours! 

I was gonna suggest that since most everyone did their Iron Chef meal over the weekend that we open the Turn in thread on Monday Morning. I won't do that since the Puppy Lady can't get her Apron strings tied!!! ;D ;D I can wait a week to show off and win with a Apple pie Pork Tenderloin Soup and Pasta!!!

Shouldn't be just to hard to beat LQ. You have to post pictures of your meal and I believe there is a post by LQ that says "the entire picture thing eludes me..."

Guess the Lady's have hung up their Aprons and have to watch the Boy's Play!!!!   If You Can't Run With The BIG Dogs, You Better Stay On The Porch!!!!! Or was it You Cant Run With The BIG Dogs, If You Bark Like a Pup!!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mr Walleye

Quote from: La Quinta on April 25, 2009, 09:12:59 PM

I'm blushing....  ::)

Besides... Ya can't go into a gun fight shootin' blanks.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

deb415611

Mike,  you are a knight!! :)

I have heat, it just wasn't cycling the pucks.  I cleaned it not that long ago but just took it apart and it was pretty dirty.  I fixed the advance button that I knocked loose when I cleaned last time and worse case now is that I have to hit the advance button every 20 minutes since that is now working.  Waiting 20 minutes now to see if it will advance the bucks itself.   Woo hoo!!!!!  just heard a puck drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10.5  - Believe me when I tell you I am quite capable of tying my apron strings and doing many other things at the same time! ;D  Also,  don't you worry - LQ's pictures will be up - it was a momentary elusion (not sure this is a word) ;D

Mr Walleye

Quote from: deb415611 on April 26, 2009, 07:07:45 AM
Mike,  you are a knight!! :)

I have heat, it just wasn't cycling the pucks.  I cleaned it not that long ago but just took it apart and it was pretty dirty.  I fixed the advance button that I knocked loose when I cleaned last time and worse case now is that I have to hit the advance button every 20 minutes since that is now working.  Waiting 20 minutes now to see if it will advance the bucks itself.   Woo hoo!!!!!  just heard a puck drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10.5  - Believe me when I tell you I am quite capable of tying my apron strings and doing many other things at the same time! ;D  Also,  don't you worry - LQ's pictures will be up - it was a momentary elusion (not sure this is a word) ;D

Sounds like you have the generator problem solved Deb.  8)

Keep us posted.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Up In Smoke

Quote from: Mr Walleye on April 26, 2009, 07:01:59 AM
Quote from: La Quinta on April 25, 2009, 09:12:59 PM

I'm blushing....  ::)

Besides... Ya can't go into a gun fight shootin' blanks.  ;)

Mike
You can but it will be a very short one ;D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on April 26, 2009, 07:07:45 AM

Since you have your Apron Strings tied, I'm still going to wait until Saturday to open the turn in thread. Wouldn't want the "Fairness Police" to get in an Uproar!!   
Quote from: Mr Walleye on April 25, 2009, 08:23:07 PM
That just wouldn't be fair!  ;)
Mike

"Also,  don't you worry - LQ's pictures will be up - it was a momentary elusion (not sure this is a word) ;D" Aw Just come out and say IT. Momentary Elusion = BLONDE Moment.   LQ is having a BLONDE MOMENT. I do realize she resembles that remark!!! :P ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

10.5....10.5...10.5....oh my...my...my...you have indeed lost your grip on reality...I'm so sorry for Mrs. 10.5....she can come and stay with us while you recover IN THE NUTHOUSE...bring it on my man...I have friends...tell all of yours you love them before you're committed. We'll still be your friends...don't worry... :D  :D  :D

Up In Smoke

10.5 maybe before you go to the nut house you should post your entry!
don't worry we will take good care of it for ya!
2 Bradley OBS
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Up In Smoke

UUUHHHHHH can i have an extension on the entry time......my dog ate my homework :'(
2 Bradley OBS

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Up In Smoke on April 27, 2009, 05:47:34 PM
10.5 maybe before you go to the nut house you should post your entry!
don't worry we will take good care of it for ya!

I have a wife and 4 kids, a dog, a cat, and a fish living in a 2100 SF ranch house. The NUTHOUSE would be a VACATION. I'm just so glad that LQ thinks enough of me to suggest a vacation.

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS

Tenpoint5

It would appear that the stakes just got raised in this little contest of ours. Not only will the winner receive a Bradley Smoker Bar Towel from Myself. The Head Office has informed me that Bradley will also send a 120 count Box of Bisquettes, Your Choice of Flavor, to the winner!!

KyNola

You know what boys and girls?  We have some folks out there who have not said a word the whole time.  Some folks who have been very well schooled and trained.  I'm thinking they are out there just laying in the weeds waitiing to drop a major bomb on our collective smack talking butts and I don't mean pork butts.

However, having said all that I have never made the dish I will be posting nor did I make it last weekend to test drive it so it's all or nothing.

ARE YOU READY TO PLAY THE GAME?!
        8) Team KyNola  8)

BTW, Sweet on the 120 count of pucks!  Thanks Bradley!!  You guys just rock!! 

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on April 27, 2009, 06:53:30 PM
You know what boys and girls?  We have some folks out there who have not said a word the whole time.  Some folks who have been very well schooled and trained.  I'm thinking they are out there just laying in the weeds waitiing to drop a major bomb on our collective smack talking butts and I don't mean pork butts.

However, having said all that I have never made the dish I will be posting nor did I make it last weekend to test drive it so it's all or nothing.

ARE YOU READY TO PLAY THE GAME?!
        8) Team KyNola  8)

BTW, Sweet on the 120 count of pucks!  Thanks Bradley!!  You guys just rock!! 

I'm with you Larry. There is quiet a few folks laying in the weeds waiting for an ambush. I also have never made my recipe before last Friday night. I'm going for the One shot One Kill. Might even Hang the trophy on the wall in my office!! Saves on shipping costs that way!!!