UPS tracking shows SSBS delivery 02/28/05

Started by johnintx1, February 27, 2005, 02:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnintx1

YEE HAA. Its coming Monday and I am sooooo ready!
I have spent a full week reading this forum and the archives as well.
Was up till 2am this morning,wife has been understanding,but she is getting tired of me at my computer every free minuite I have.
This forum is very addictive.I cant get enough.
I want to know how to use this thing,I want to be a real smoker,not a indirect BBQ 1/2 grill kind of smoker.I have learned so many tricks n tips that I feel really confidant.I hope and pray I dont get one of the lemons I read so much about ,but with the 1 year warr,and the Awesome customer service I have read about,I feel safe in my decision to purchase a SS Brabley. I also read the cookshack forum,and even though they are very friendly and happy with thier CS smoker I know the Brabley is for me. The cookshack people do put down the Brabley because of the "have to buy pucks from Bradley ONLY)but I think its one of the greatest selling points....that so many flavors are available,I dont live out in the woods where I can just go "pick up a log" and cook with it.I live in West Texas and the only wood we have is that darn Mesquite its too hot and to strong for me ,even bitter to me.I know that most all of TX loves it,but I dont. Walmart carries the Mesquite,Hickory and the Jack Daniels chips n chunks...however I love the fact I can order so many other flavors with this Bradley. I just had to tell somebody (that would understand) about my new Bradley will be here tomorrow. Thanks for lettimg ask questions,thanks for all the info you all have shared.I hope I can share some new thing and contribute to this forum soon!!

Howdy Yall
Live to smoke,Smoke to live.
Smoke on!!
John Welch
Amarillo Texas

nsxbill

You sound excited.  Make sure and season it before you smoke your first item.  Decided what you are going to do first?  Definitely recommend Smoke and Spice by the Jamisons for recipe ideas, and pickup a remote thermometer like a Maverick ET-73.  Good luck on getting your new Bradley(*Not Brabley)[:D][:D], and check back often for new ideas.   Pretty soon you will be an old pro.

A couple of things to remember.  Don't smoke for the entire time meat is in the smoker.  

Make sure and crack the top vent 1/4 to 1/3.  If you see smoke coming out the smoke generator, you don't have the vent open enough.

Clean the vent on top every smoke as well as the door seal.

Don't clean the inside walls of the smoker irregardless of how yucky they look.  When you start getting stuff flaking off or about to, take a stiff brush to the inside and knock it off......Don't need to wash it perfectly clean.  Vacuum it out after the brushing.

Even though mine is outside(under covered patio), I try to keep the stainless clean.  I hit it with a spray of 50/50 vinegar/water solution then polish with SS polish.  Just looks better.

If you buy or want extra racks, get the jerkey racks.  They are dual purpose and handy to have on hand.

Take the smoke generator off once in awhile, turn it upside down and shake to get the sawdust out of it.

Have fun with smoking adventures!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

johnintx1

Thanks for the help, I have done my homework,have the book coming,bought the extra racks,and done so much reading on here my eyes are red and popping out, my wifes are as well with me on this forum day n night. But I want to know what Iam doing before it arrives,thanks ,john

Just do it! Smoke on!!

deadeye

John

What part of Texas you from?? I'm form the Houston area??

Thanks

Derek

deadeye

John I see Amarillo sorry about that!!!!!!!!!!

nsxbill

Deadeye

Johnintex1 is no longer on the list.  He was asked to leave.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

deadeye,
I will add he was asked to leave by just about every senior member here.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

Olds,

We're "Advanced", not "senior".[;)][8D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">We're "Advanced", not "senior".<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Speak for yourself young man~~![:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

JJC

Hi All,

I know I've said it before, but I really think we should revamp our names/levels on the forum.  Believe me, if there's one thing academics like me are really good at, it's creating great-sounding titles instead of making money . . . I mean, come on, who EVER wants to be just an "Average Member" (easy, Chez [}:)])?

Here's my suggestion for new levels/names:

1-24 posts      New Member
25-49 posts     Junior Member
50-99 posts     Associate Member (or just Member)
100-499 posts   Advanced Member
500-999 posts + at least 1 year on the Forum    Master Member
300+ posts + at least 2 years on the Forum      Master Member
1000+ posts + at least 1 year on the Forum      Millenium Member

As things stand now, we would have 2 Millenium Members:  Chez and Olds.  We would have 2 Master Members:  MallardWhacker and FuzzyBear.  Nsxbill, Bigsmoker, and I have 500+ posts, but have not been members for a year.  Bill would reach Master status on 6/6/05, BigSmoker on 6/29/05, and I would hit that mark on 12/20/05 (I put myself in here so that folks realize it will be 9+ months before my status would change, so this is not about me [:D]).  Habanero is quite likely, based on his current posting pace, to hit Master status on his 1-year anniversary on 8/25/05.  Kummock, with 25 more posts, should reach 300 and achieve Master status on his 2-year anniversary on 10/05/05.

The idea behind using both quantity of posts and longevity for Master and Millenium status is to reward "staying the course" and not just those of us who have more time or are more social in nature and post a lot.  

Chez, I know you don't control these categories--I believe Grakka does.  If other Forum members don't give a rats a$$ and think this is not worth the effort, don't hesitate to say so--I won't be in the least bit offended!  On the other hand, if folks here would like to modify the categories please speak up.  Any modifications to the above are welcome.  Just my $.02 [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

JJC there is a little more to this than you would think. Not knowing how this board works I can only share this with you.

If you look at the membership roles Johnintx1 is still a member. If you totally delete him the d-base can very will go nuts. Why? There are postings by him but if he does not exist how does the d-base handle those postings when a thread is call upon my a member for viewing where he has posted? It can't! I've seen members (on other sites) totally removed and the d-base master got really ticked off and all of a sudden everyone had someone elses name.

I'm not sure if Chez as just an Admin can create new groups (New titles.) Let alone edit a  Category to accept the new group, and then edit the Forum to accept the new Category and its new group's names. On some boards when you change a person's "group" (title) the d-base will retro back. On some boards, this is not the case.

Granted I have not looked into this boards's community and their hacks concerning this matter, but after reviewing Chez's option when dealing with johnintx1 I've got a gut feeling that this board's d-base will not retro back.

And that is where your problem is going to come into play. You cannot have one member belonging to two groups at the same time. If we change everyone to a new group and the d-base does not retro back it can have the same effect of totally removing a single member as I mentioned above. Or if the group names (titles) are changes and the d-base does not retro-back you may very will lose all past postings. Or at best cost someone with far more knowledge than myself a whole lot of work trying to salvage the past postings. If that happened you would need a real programer/ hacker to put the house back together again.

My suggestion is unless this Snitz d-base does retro back to just leave everything as is. Even if it does I bet it will take a "Super Admin" and not just an Admin (Chez) to make all of the changes. Changes? Did I say changes? You would have to edit each forum--we have 15 of them to accept the now edited categories; plus each category edited to accept the new groups--which would be 6 per your suggestion; besides creating each new group (our titles) each one would have to be edited for posting advancement to the next group level. Also I have not seen where a time-line can be factored into the advancement to the next group level.  Perhaps on the lastest boards out there this is possible; I just don't know.

EDIT My boards are far advanced over this one. It has so many more options over this board that Snitz looks like an old PPB. Even then it would take me several hours into the night to make all of these changes. And good night Ms Moses if I make one mistake along the way.

Just to further the understanding of the amount of work there is to this let's just talk about creating one new group. You have to grant it rights. And where those rights may be used. i.e. Can that group post to all boards? Can that group see all boards? Can it read all boards. Can it reply to all boards? Can it create a posting? Can it edit a posting? Can it edit its own posting? Can it delete its own posting? Can it change default view? And the list goes on. This has be done for every new group.  I'm not even going to get into modifying a category or forums.

My suggestion this time is this: It is just best not to stir the fudge now that it has set.

Olds

JJC

. . . never mind . . . [:D][:D][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

JJC not to make you feel bad but I edited while you were posting... Read from the Edit down [:0][:0][:0]

Olds

Cold Smoke

It was a good thought though, JJC.[:)][8D]

Cold Smoke