Salmon dinner.

Started by TNRockyraccoon, April 01, 2014, 04:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNRockyraccoon

I found a nice thick piece of salmon at the local Kroger today and that gave me a good reason to fire up the Bradley.

I let it sit on the counter for an hour. Then squeezed a whole lemon on it and added a dusting of pepper.

Two hours worth of hickory smoke with a smoker temp of 215. Reached my preferred IT of 145 after about 2.5 hours.

We had a shrimp cocktail appetizer, and then was on to the Salmon. We coupled it with asparagus and steamed zucchini, onions and portobello mushrooms with french rolls. It was fabulous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Saber 4

Caneyscud

Green stuff - green stuff don't belong on a plate - throw that stuff to the rabbits!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

tailfeathers

That really does look tasty. My biggest problem is that ever since I started doing Kummock's smoked salmon recipe I can't seem to bring myself to prepare salmon any other way!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

TNRockyraccoon

Quote from: Caneyscud on April 02, 2014, 09:07:27 AM
Green stuff - green stuff don't belong on a plate - throw that stuff to the rabbits!

My wife's idea. ;-)

pjplovedog

That looks really nice and yummy!
I do that sometimes too, just smoke-cook salmon or other fish for dinner, not necessarily take the time to brine/cure/smoke.  It's excellent that way!