Fathers day smoke

Started by icerat4, June 13, 2007, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

So whats on for fathers day.SMOKED what pork fish chicken shrimp.Lets here whats going on.O and happy early fathers day to all u dads grandpas and well dads.LOL ;D ;D.Me ill be out on the doos and having a bubba burger.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Tiny Tim

I haven't been told what's going on around my house yet, but I also don't have any plans to be smokin' anything either.  Got a brisket waiting on some fuse holders for the PID, but since they only got ordered yesterday, and they're special order for my area, I don't think they'll make it by the weekend.

Hoping the race gets over early enough to head to the lake to go fishing if the weather cooperates, and there's nothing else going on here.

iceman

Quite one for me and Ann. Going to roast up some turkeys on the grill and submerge myself in adult beverages and not answer the phone. :D ;D ;) Y'all have a great weekend and enjoy the weather.

MWS

The family is taking me (dear o'l Dad) out to my favourite Brewpub for lunch and ales. Upon returning home, I shall retire to the back yard and immerse myself in more ale, some reading and later, something on the grill for dinner.
On Monday morning, my son's kindergarten class is throwing a Fathers Day breakfast.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Cajun

Got a 65# Oinker gonna roast got all the rubs, sop, and sauce ready. Just can't keep the "Adult" beverages in the box, they keep escaping  ;) I looked three times just to see if there is just one in there that I missed, (Darn) Back to the store again.  ;D  ;D  ;D
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

Wildcat

I am not doing ANYTHING.  :D Not going to wait in lines at any food joints either.  Otherwise I do not know.  Will be loading RV Monday for our 2+ week trip.  Happy Father's Day guys!  8)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

chuck steak

Till 2:30 pm I'll be at work, we expect the kids to show up @ 4 pm with the grands and in the pool by 4:01 LOL. I hope to prep a butt sat and slap it in BS as I walk out tha door for work. Lets hope things go as planned.

Scotty-G

Just got my first order of Iceman's BBQ sauce and Rub  :)  :)  :)
Original plan was for 4th of July Baby Back Smoke using the sauce but I couldn't wait - had to do a trial run.  ;D  Will post about that later  8)

Just smoked up some Ribs and add me to the list of of ICEMAN's BBQ Sauce Life Long Customers.  :P

Instead of waiting for 4th of July, Baby Backs and Pulled Pork (using ICEMAN's Rub and Sauce) are now on the menu for Daddy's Day.  Will have to wait and see about the 4th - but I'll save that for another post.  :-X

HCT

Bacon, bacon and more bacon! :o
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

begolf25

Pretty excited since this will be my first Father's Day. My little man will be 6 weeks old. I can't believe how much he has already changed.

As far as plans go, my parents and the wife's parents are coming over to the house and the ladies will be grilling and cooking for us. Gonna just sit back, relax and enjoy spending time with my family.

Happy Father's Day everyone.

NePaSmoKer

I gotta work, wife gotta work, sons overseas, daughters gotta work too so i guess is a reg work day  :D  :D  :D
Wait.............where i work aint work   ;D

nepas

Happy fathers day to all of you

standles

Gonna go to Sams and pick up a couple of nice of butts.

While I am there I figure I can get something to cook this weekend as well :)

Steven

smokin stu

Gonna cook up a butt for sure.....  I may wander through the Smoke and Spice book I have for something interesting as well.

smokin stu

Smokin' succotash, I am not a newbie anymore!!!!  wow, gotta celebrate.

Oh ya, on fathers day I want the time and be kid free to repaint the OBS shack I built.  The doors are gonna be bright red, the walls maybe bright blue or green, new black handles rather than the bits of wood I use, and I am looking for a large stencil or picture of something like a fat porky pig in a cooking outfit winking or dancing so I can put that on the front of the shack.....

nothing tacky tho  ;D

iceman

Congrats there Jr. stu :D