calling all chicken recipes?

Started by waterkc, October 11, 2010, 08:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

Hey All,

I am going to be smoking some chicken here next weekend. I normally brine them and then just hit them with a little olive oil and Montreal Chicken seasoning. I really like them this way but would like to try something different. I also switch it up with the Peruvian recipe I had posted in the past. Looking for something a little different to try. Any suggestions?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: waterkc on October 11, 2010, 08:02:01 AM
Hey All,

I am going to be smoking some chicken here next weekend. I normally brine them and then just hit them with a little olive oil and Montreal Chicken seasoning. I really like them this way but would like to try something different. I also switch it up with the Peruvian recipe I had posted in the past. Looking for something a little different to try. Any suggestions?

CT

Carolina Treet

squirtthecat

Ditto on the CT.

Mix up some of "Jan's Rub" to go with it as well..   

classicrockgriller

oakrdrzfan

I spatchcock them and brine overnight. 

Next day.  Rinse off the brine.

Put on some Jan's Rub and CT.  Into the smoker at 250 for 7 pucks of pecan or oak.  Into the oven to finish at an IT of 160 or so. 

One of my favorite things to smoke.

Pachanga

No poultry goes through my home without a brine since I spoiled my family.

This recipe is nice.  The smoke shown here was beer canned but I butterfly most chicken in the Bradley now.  The rub goes on easily and the cooking is even.  I usually place it inside down -breast side up and just leave it that way.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=12473.0

You won't go wrong with this one.

Pachanga

kinyo

Usually I do drumsticks & thigh & what I like is to coat them with EVOO and my rib rub.

I leave them in the fridge overnight and take them out of the fridge 1 hour before puting them in the OBS.

I smoke them for 2 hours with apple and the OBS at max heat & finish them on the grill with a little bbq sauce.

It's always a success!  :D