Started by RhinoDoc, November 17, 2004, 02:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Chez,
"The Mental Image"
Have a great weekend[:D].

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

nsxbill

I though TMI meant
<font color="red"><font size="5">Too Much Information</font id="size5"></font id="red">[:D]

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigSmoker

Bill,
Yes you are correct about TMI.  I guess mine was a sad attempt at humor[:(].  After a couple of bourbons last night it seemed funny.  When I see an abreviation I don't know I use net lingo to look it up.
http://www.netlingo.com/

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com

Chez Bubba

Jeff,

Apparently I had just a little too much as well because, I knew what that meant, it just didn't register at the time.

Killin' one brain cell at a time............

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Chez,
"The Mental Image"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Although I do remember Kirk refering to smoking his shorts when I brought up the fact about sawing corn cobbs for pucks.

Chez does this help?
Now this is what I call a hot-smoked butt ROFLMSO!!!

Olds~~!

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

RhinoDoc

Thanks to everyone who gave advice. I rubbed the chickens (I took the advice to make two) down the night before with a rub I got for father's day, wrapped it up overnight, started smoking about noon with maple. By about 4 PM the internal temp was about 180 degrees, so I took the birds out and wrapped them in foil, put them in a cooler, and prepared the rest of the meal. By 5:30 they were still piping hot, the meat literally falling off the bone. Delicious! My wife and daughter went to town and the three of us polished of the first chicken, so I was glad to have the second one available for later.

Tomorrow I will smoke a ham (using the maple ham recipe on the Bradley recipe page) while my brother fries a turkey. I figure next weekend I will try my first brisket.

The only other thing I would add is that we tend to like our food a little smokier - we were raised on Texas brisket, spent 5 years in North Carolina pulling pork, and are back in Texas. Maple wood was pretty tame - I might try mesquite next time.

Thanks for all of the advice.

nsxbill

That is the beauty of having such a good selection of bisquette types.  No one told me the first time I did brisket that I should only smoke 4 hours.  I did it for 12.  Pretty darn strong taste--after a couple of days in cold storage the flavor improved, but I was not pleased initially.  Not educated on this but in reading have come to understand that past 140°, the smoke has done it's job.  After that no need to have more smoke, but you could definitely use Mesquite, or even "Special Blend."  I believe they are both stronger than maple.  I have a box of Oak, but haven't tried it yet.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigSmoker

I don't really like to much mesquite but hickory, oak and pecan work for me on brisket in that order[:)]

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />OK,

Call me internet dumb, but what does "TMI" stand for?

Don't feel bad Kirk, I won't tell you how long it took me to relize what IMHO stood for.

<font size="2"><font color="blue"><b>TMI:  TOO MUCH INFORMATION</b> </font id="blue"> </font id="size2">

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...