Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

iceman

Sounds like you had your own football game going on there Tiny. The Super Butterball Bowl Game.
Glad to hear your okay buddy. I did the Game Hen Bowl Game a couple of years ago and Sir Winston and Diablo beat me to the fumble!!! Saved four out of six so we got to eat after all. :D ;)
Take it easy for a spell and let the bruises heel up.

LilSmoker

Well i'm withdrawing badly here, haven't fired the Bradley up for a few weeks  :'(

I'm hoping to do a ribfest at the weekend!

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Tiny Tim

Happy to say the only bruises I got were to my ego. :D  Did have some stiffness in my shoulders starting Monday and lasting through yesterday, now it's kinda moved into my neck, but not as bad...I think I'll fully recover. :P

Wildcat

Trying out my new PID on a 9 pound butt starting tonight.  Thanks again guys.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

owrstrich

back to basics... got 4 @ 8 pound piggy arses gropped and bagged...

gonna hit the 32 pound load with 4 1/3 hours of hickory... finish them off to 195 internal... stir in some balsamic when shredded... then into quart zip lock bags and into the freezer for future lunches...

24 hours into it... slow and low... cause i dig the pig...

j o

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

West Coast Kansan

This weekend will be two pork butts about 7 #s each and a full pork loin trimmed to 6 1/2# halved and cured for canada bacon.
:D   :D  :D As it turns out I got a new way to slather a butt.  Just gotta squirt the spicy mustard on top and flip it over a couple of time.  Good work ethic with solid concentration

Looking proud of a job well done  8)  8)  8)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Way to go WCK.  Gotta get em trained early.

Doing a whole packer brisket, choice from Bishers.  Using a Creole Butter injection and creole seasonings.  4 hours of Hickory, then boated and into 215 deg oven after spritz of AJ and splash of Jack.  Also tossed some more cajun seasoning and Greenbrier Brisket rub on for good measures.  Will deliver tomorrow for a friend that lost some property in the Witch Creek fire.  He wanted to do something for one of his neighbors (actually the guy lives a few miles from him but in Ramona, that is neighbors) that went around to properties that lost their well pumps and replaced them with free  labor.  The guy apparantly use to run a well business and was retired.  My friend wanted to repay his kindness and I was more than willing to donate to the worthy cause.  Got the choice Iowa Beef for the occasion.  I used the Creole Butter on a tri tip the other night and it was very good.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

Hey WCK! That's a "Special Helper" ya got there!  ;)
Ya can't start them too young!  :D

Giz
That's what it's all about isn't it! "People helping people"
Great storey and good on you for helping out!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

bigredsmoker

doing 4 racks of ribs today and 2 chickens tomorrow. finally some nice weather here, up to 40 today and 45 tomorrow...break out the shorts!!

HCT

WCK, great pics, bestest assistant. Makes me want to go downstairs and hug my grandkids. Thanks for the pics. ;) :D :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

West Coast Kansan

This Canada Bacon may be the best I have done yet.  Nothing different than HabS approach except they were about room temp when the cure went on and when I did the Vac Pac I hit seal as soon as the bag was empty and before I think it pulled any real vac. Cure was started on Monday and into the smoker on Friday evening - About a day and half less than normal.

The pictures dont show what a perfect even pink all the way through but is real nice. These usually go in the fridge for a day but this was great tasting real time gratification. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Nice photo's WCK!  Finger painting comes natural for kids that size.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...