A little Bologna

Started by OU812, October 22, 2012, 07:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

OK its the day after tomarrow and I finally got things done
A clean peal

Sliced in half,,,,,not like the bologna ya see in the store but the good none the less

All sliced up

Some thin to snack on,,,,,,,,,,,bet I ate about an pound,,,,,,someone has gotta eat the end pieces

All weighed out,,,,,,,,1 lb stacks

Sealed up and ready for storage,,,,,,,,,along with a pack for the fridge

Ya baby!

Remember that little guy?

Snacks for tomarrow,,,every thing goes better on a Ritz,,,,now to decide what kinda cheese to have with it

Good Stuff!!!
All the flavors blend smoothly,,,,,,,,nothing over powering like the store brand kinda stuff
Its a great recipe,,,,,might up the garlic some and the coriander a bit for my taste,,,,,I like garlic
Thanks Kevin A,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its a keeper!

Sam3

Man, that looks great. I can't wait to make some more of this myself.

pikeman_95

This just moved up higher on my list. That looks so good.
Thanks for sharing all your work, and thanks Kevin A for the recipe.
KC

squirtthecat

KyNola

That looks nothing short of amazing Curt.  Wish I had your skills my friend.

Kevin A

Looks great, Curt! :)

The texture looks more like a 'cotto-style' bologna, but as you mentioned, so long as the great bologna taste is there, 'uniformity' is a distant second. My last batch of bologna had a texture very similar to your's and tasted great. Alas, all 10 pounds of it is gone, now..... :(

For those who wish a more uniform appearance to their bologna batch, you can run the grind through a 2nd time with a fine (3.0mm) plate; OR emulsify in a food processor a small batch at a time. It'll 'look' more like the supermarket brands—but with a far superior flavor!

Cant go wrong with either preparation.

Kevin

Sailor

Fantastic job Curt.  Boy oh Boy.......I so want to make some Thai Chicken this weekend but now I am so torn to do some of this Bologna ....  What to do....what to do...... 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

NePaSmoKer

HUBBA WUBBA CHUBBA WUBBA

Nice Curt

Keymaster

Awesome Curt, maybe I'll do me one of them up this weekend. I ordered some of those christmas themed summer sausage casings from sausage maker and there huge like bologna size. Nice job as always.

JZ

Very Nice and I bet that mustard was real good on those end pieces ...... you know the ones that you were forced to eat. ::)

OU812

Thanks every one

Quote from: JZ on October 25, 2012, 11:52:48 AM
Very Nice and I bet that mustard was real good on those end pieces ...... you know the ones that you were forced to eat. ::)

I almost freaked out when I seen the darn near empty bottel of mustard in the fridge

Luckally I had a new bottle on the shelf  ;D

squirtthecat

Quote from: OU812 on October 25, 2012, 01:09:01 PM
Thanks every one

Quote from: JZ on October 25, 2012, 11:52:48 AM

I almost freaked out when I seen the darn near empty bottel of mustard in the fridge

Luckally I had a new bottle on the shelf  ;D

Gotta keep a 'strategic reserve' of good mustards!   And beer for that matter..

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jbs402

That looks really good.  Can you direct me to the recipe?

Anybody have any idea if this would work with venison? Maybe 50% venison; 25% pork 25% beef?

Thanks for any replies

OU812

Quote from: jbs402 on October 26, 2012, 02:26:08 PM
That looks really good.  Can you direct me to the recipe?

Anybody have any idea if this would work with venison? Maybe 50% venison; 25% pork 25% beef?

Thanks for any replies

Heres the recipe, go to page 2 and reply #18

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=29993.0

Heres one I did a while back uesing venison

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=14072.0