Smoke generator no worky

Started by DTH, June 04, 2009, 05:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTH

Just recieved my DBS and set it up ready to season and the smoke generator won't turn on, the oven turns though any help would be appreciated.
Don.

NePaSmoKer

Make sure the cords are propery seated, sometimes you have to press the control pads kinda hard. If this fails call Brian at Bradley tomorow.

nepas

westexasmoker

Yep with Nepas here check those power cords, and if you have to open up the SG check for any loose connections also sometimes in shipping they get giggled loose!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

DTH

I checked cords many times plus I opened up the gen box and all connects seem fine, it seems like the prob is related to the smoke gen side of the the control panel as the oven side works. I tried calling Bradley but they are closed so will have to wait till the morning.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Don

Try pushing the smoker on/off button with the tip of your finger not the flat

Brian

RocketSurgeon

I found the finger tip thing Brian is talking about by mistake myself just this evening.  I unboxed my brand new DBS and the smoker wouldn't work.  After pressing several times with my thumb, I then used the tip of my finger, smoke, smoke and more smoke!  Worked perfectly after that.  Seasoning is complete.

Now the hard part, what will be the first smoke...

DTH

Tried with finger tip, still no worky.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Don
I think you may have a defective display panel try the link below and see if it will get you going and then call the office in the morining
and tell them you need a new display panel

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=9510.0

Brian

DTH

Thanks Brian.
I got it running with help from the posts you gave the link for, what I found was it worked perfectly with no face plate but with face plate on the smoke gen button wasn't getting contact. It looks the circuit board would be better off with four screws (one in each corner) instead of two, the side that didn't have one on top is where the smoke gen button is hence the board may be slightly warped not allowing contact. I put back together into gen box and tightened the four screws which hold the back plate/face plate to the box extra tight (just about stripping them), it seems to be working for now but takes a little more pressure to turn that button on.
Thanks everybody for your help it was appreciated.
Don.