So I went ahead and made a ten pound batch using my brand of beer...CRYSTAL  ;D
The dry and the wet

All mix in and off to the fridge over night

All stuffed and in the smoker

Getting lots of Jack Daniel's smoke

IT is between 117 & 122*F after 4 hours
More pics to come when they are done

Smoke some

Nice looking sticks devo.......are you still in the heat wave up there or is the temp getting back to normal

mikecorn.1

Those look good. I hate bringing this up but what were your temps from top to bottom. Also where can I get some of that anti-gravity string that's in the last pic. ;D :o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

devo

Quote from: Smoke some on March 22, 2012, 01:59:50 PM
Nice looking sticks devo.......are you still in the heat wave up there or is the temp getting back to normal

It's been 50*F most of the day but they say rain tomorrow so it should cool down some. Been really nice for March. We are about one month ahead on temps. Frost is all gone from the ground so almost time to turn the garden over.

devo

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on March 22, 2012, 02:05:49 PM
Those look good. I hate bringing this up but what were your temps from top to bottom. Also where can I get some of that anti-gravity string that's in the last pic. ;D :o

Top to bottom is pretty close right now. with in 5 * but when they went in it was more like 10*  difference

Smoker John

Looks good, I haven't seen Labatt Crystal before, is it newish, maybe it's only available out east?
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

devo

Quote from: Smoker John on March 22, 2012, 02:17:47 PM
Looks good, I haven't seen Labatt Crystal before, is it newish, maybe it's only available out east?

;D ;D ;D
Nope only in north western Otario. You keep your hands off my beer  ;D ;D

Heres the difference from top to bottm

devo

Supper time, burgers in the big easy with hickory wood chips for some smokey flavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmYd8-kApQ

ghost9mm

It all looks really good Devo...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Quote from: devo on March 22, 2012, 02:33:57 PM
Supper time, burgers in the big easy with hickory wood chips for some smokey flavor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvmYd8-kApQ
So how are the chips vs pellets?  More smoke?

Mike

devo

Ya they seem to Mike but they took a lot longer to start smoking, but once they got going there was lots of smoke.

The sticks are stalled at 138*F IT ...now the waiting game. Need to start watching them close as I don't want to over shoot them  ;)

devo

1 degree difference on the Auber from top to bottom but the little maverick says 3 degrees difference.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: devo on March 22, 2012, 04:00:29 PM
1 degree difference on the Auber from top to bottom but the little maverick says 3 degrees difference.

Wondering who is telling the truth. ;D

Mike

devo

All done and out blooming on the deck, temp is at 48*F so it should work out pretty good.

Killer frog standing guard on the sticks  ;D

And now its time for some beers in the hotub

mikecorn.1

Those came out looking good!

Mike