Using Bradley Apple pucks in my grill

Started by BC Smokin', September 02, 2009, 07:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Me Walleye nailed it on the directions. I used my gasser the same way for years with spareribs, took about 4 hours at 225 and they were tender. The temp will climb as they cook, just keep an eye on it and adjust down as needed.
HawkeyeSmokes

BC Smokin'

I see some of you add photos right on your post, how do you do that? I looked but did not see where this could be done. thanks all.
BC Smokin'
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl

mikecorn.1

Quote from: BC Smokin' on September 02, 2009, 03:18:54 PM
I see some of you add photos right on your post, how do you do that? I looked but did not see where this could be done. thanks all.
click on the FAQ's link at the bottom of this post. or
click here for the thread http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11
Mike

BC Smokin'

BC Smokin'

BC Smokin'

Had a problem keeping the heat down, when I adjusted the flame low, it would go out on me. Kept watching it and turned it off when it got too high until it fell again.
Finally put a blanket on the rail behind the Broil King, to block the wind. But it really wasn't all that windy. Anyway, here is the end result, I am dissappointed no bark. I only used six pucks for this. The thicker ones were still not done, so we ate the thinner one and put the others in the house oven for another hour and a half at 300.
I think I am ready to buy my Bradley now, But the meat was smoked and we could tasted to apple smoke in it, what we ate did taste good. Thanks for everyones help on this and a big thank you to Mr. Walleye.
BC Smokin'

KyNola

B C,
They look awesome.  Congats my friend.  Yep, time to buy that Bradley and join in the fun.

KyNola

mikecorn.1

I see you figured out how to post pics. Nice looking spread you made there. Thanks for the pics.
Mike

Mr Walleye

Pictures look great BC Smokin'!  ;)

Everybodies idea of "done" is a little different. I like my ribs pretty darn tender so I usually watch for the meat to pull back from the bone pretty good. Also if you give the bones the "twist test" to check to see how tender they are works well for me.

Congrats! Just a question of getting your timing down for your own tastes & preferences.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes