The V8 of Smoke Houses - Round Two

Started by Gamefish, January 05, 2010, 12:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamefish

Well the plan evolved yesterday, that there is one thing i have never tried and that was making sausages

After a quick phone call the dunninghams the sausage casings arrived

Holy crap how many meters  :o ;D

So decided because the salami mixture has always been a hit, i got busy and thought 25kg should do it half normal mixture and half chicken and bacon

Now 3 hours into it and i am thinking to myself, holy **** when is this going to end  :o :D

Finally looked at all the buckets full of sausages and thought there is only one way to deal with this lot

so got up this morning and managed to fill the trusty smoker and has been slowly smoking/cooking all day

Now after a small taste test, somehow i think i have enough to last a while, ya think!  ;D

I will post up the end results tomorrow

Habanero Smoker

Nice looking sausage.

When I use my Dakota stuffer, I find it extrudes faster then I can reposition the stuffed casings. Now I position it so the tube extends over the counter. Then I put a meat tub on a chair, and extrude the sausage in the tub. It naturally coils in the tub, and I don't have to stop as often to reposition the sausage.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

Holy Crap thats a lotta casings, if you dont use them right away put them in a ziplock baggie and put them in the fridge so they dont dry out on you.

Looks like you could double that batch and still wouldnt fill up that V8 of yours.

Lookin good cant wait to see the finished product.

lumpy

Wow!!
Do you do anything in a small way? :)

Lumpy

Quarlow

those boys from down under don't do anything small, It's "go big or go back to where you bloody well belong".
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Gamefish

Quote from: Quarlow on January 05, 2010, 11:16:42 AM

those boys from down under don't do anything small, It's "go big or go back to where you bloody well belong".

Well you guys know us kiwi's, great living down here ;D

Here's some photo's of the finished product, was like building a mountain :D

And then vac packed for a rainy day, but being summer here, i don't think they will last that long ;)

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

FLBentRider

That is a nice looking bunch of sticks.

I'll be right over.  ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Wow, looks good. Must have used some whole pepercorns, I can see something that looks like a black peppercorn in there.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

OU812

Those sticks look great Gamefish.

Better make more cause I bet they dont last long.

squirtthecat

Chicken/Bacon salami?

Can you post the recipe you used?  Sounds interesting to say the least!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gamefish

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 06, 2010, 07:29:31 AM

Chicken/Bacon salami?

Can you post the recipe you used?  Sounds interesting to say the least!

Squirtthecat here is the recipe we used, from the Bradley Website, all we did is replace beef with chicken, added some ground bacon ends and small amount of pork as a binder and oh yeah, heaps of peppercorns for that added kick ;D

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/sugar-cure-recipes.asp#8

To be honest this is the best recipe i have come across and is a hit down under here ;)

Gamefish

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 05, 2010, 01:58:28 AM
Nice looking sausage.

When I use my Dakota stuffer, I find it extrudes faster then I can reposition the stuffed casings. Now I position it so the tube extends over the counter. Then I put a meat tub on a chair, and extrude the sausage in the tub. It naturally coils in the tub, and I don't have to stop as often to reposition the sausage.

HS that doesn't seem right these things are the bee's knee's i just turn the tap on and off as i replace the casings and lightly turn it on to fill the casings evenly and not to quickly, to be honest best thing i have come across down here 8)

classicrockgriller

Amazing, great looking sausage!

And again, Nice V-8 smoker.

Did you have all three smokers on? Really couldn't tell as all the pans were clean.