Hello from Idaho

Started by idahofirefighter, January 12, 2010, 04:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahofirefighter

Hello this is Mike from Idaho. I just got a new BS for Christmas but am looking for a way to vent it outside my shed. The temp here has been -20 so I have not got to use it yet.
thanks TAZ

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum idahofirefighter!

There have been several members here that have built their own venting systems. One of them should be along shortly..

Check out our recipe site by clicking on the ribs at the bottom of this post.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Welcome to the fun idahofirefighter

I did a hood for mine and it is workin GREAT, the last smoke i did was during a blizzard and didnt have one problem with it.

I dont know how to do the link thing but if you go to the home page and look in the assesses section you can look at the post i did on it. Look for "Hood for my smoker" Need any more info let me know.

Good luck

Tiny Tim

I've got an easier way to vent the smoke from your shed...just "borrow" one of the positive pressure ventilation fans from your department, or, better yet, a neighboring department. :D  Just kidding.  Mr. Walleye (I think) has a nice setup in his garage with a range hood and some PVC ducting.  Not sure where to find his post though...somebody will find you some real help here soon (if they haven't already).

Welcome to the forum.

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Thanks FLB

I still cant wrap my little brain around how to do that.  ::)

FLBentRider

That's OK, I can't wrap my brain around how you made the dang thing in the first place.

;D ;D

If I made it, it would like like a big balled up wad of steel.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

Ok I think I got this link thing, with ALLOT of help from my friend 10.5

exhaust vent

KevinG

Welcome Mike, get that thing up and running so we can see some pics!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

iff, welcome to the forum!

Quarlow

Hellooooo Idahooooo, welcome to the forum. You're going to love this place. This forum is completely free, but you can pay us with pics. ;D ;D We all like to see what you are doing. Don't forget when you start smoking to keep that vent open. Any questions just ask.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.