Makin' Bacon -need some help

Started by GusRobin, December 22, 2009, 01:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

found some real pork bellies at an Asian market. Cured it last night and now its in the frig and i am patiently waiting, waiting, waiting. Will post some pics when done.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Zagz

I struggled for a while to find the belly. I had a buddy that sells veggies from farmers to local restaurants and he promised over and over to hook me up but never came through. Then I got super lucky and found this: www.rolfsporkstore.com My very own local pork paradise! I have my last three pounds of belly in the smoker as we speak... I feel like bacon tonight!!

Habanero Smoker

Zagz are you from the Capital District (NY). Thanks for that link, that gives me another source of bellies.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Zagz

Yeah Habs, I'm up in Saratoga. The second you walk in to Rolf's I guarantee you'll be smiling. It's in Arbor Hill of all places! Who'd have thunk it? Where are you in relation to Albany/Saratoga?

Habanero Smoker

I know exactly were that is. I have several relatives that live in Albany, and I spent Christmas day in Albany visiting. It's about an hour drive for me, so I will be checking that store out very soon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)