Easter Brisket and Wallaby Smoke up

Started by TassieSmoker, April 23, 2011, 09:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

Way to go Tassie, really glad your family and friends enjoyed what you prepared...and your pictures were good also...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TassieSmoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on April 24, 2011, 06:31:05 AM
Quote from: squirtthecat on April 24, 2011, 05:37:31 AM

Now I had to go look up 'wallaby'...

Man, that is a meaty sucker!

I knew it was similar to a kangaroo but didn't realize they were a smaller version.

I envision them tasting similar to rabbit but I have no idea.

Very good looking smoke Tassie!

Mike

They aren't bad little beasts eh.....smaller than a Kangaroo and very, very lean meat, slightly gamey but not too strong and very tender if treated correctly.....get it wrong and its very easy to dry out as it has very little fat content.....it is delicate like Rabbit but different taste, hard to describe I guess.
Best part is down here in Tasmania they are a common as Rabbits and are everywhere so its do issue to duck off somewhere close and bump a couple off for a feed, there are even people who are contracted by forestry plantation companies to cull them from the plantations.....an easy meat to get hold of and tastes fantastic.....I have even had them bounding around on my front lawn in amongst a coastal suburb.... ;D

Quote from: SL2010 on April 24, 2011, 04:00:38 PM
Looks very good where can i get some wallaby meat is that found at giant eagle or sam's club
I am not sure where it would be available in the US but in this state there is one company that deals solely in this type of product, they are called  Lenah Game Meats......click on the link and check them out you never know they might ship to the US.

I will post up the recipe later on when I get home with smoke times ect.....glad you all liked it.

cheers
Tassie
Its all about the Flavour......Bradley Smokers