My little farm

Started by viper125, March 18, 2012, 08:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well a Beautiful day to day and got an itch. So i saddled up the tractor and plow and started. To my surprise it was dry enough to plow and roto till. So thought i'd show you my small gardens. Didn't do the strawberry garden yet but got the veggy garden, the deer's garden and the neighbors garden.
Here is a couple the wife and I took  while I was plowing garden.This is my vegy garden I measured it today. It's 40' x 120 ' not huge but a good size garden for where Im at. This is me on my toy! Deer garden is 40 x 20' and strawberry is 40  20 also.

Same garden

Wife covering seed in deer garden. This one is 40' x 20'

Will post the strawberry garden when I do it.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

viper125

Well posted new links for photos. I moved them around in photo bucket and killed them here. So there alright now. Well about time to plant my potatoes ,radishes,and peas. In the mean time we have been cleaning and pruning my Grape arbor. People that lived here let it go. So we have spent three years pruning and reestablishing it. Done great last year and should be better this year. They also planted Black raspberries 3 feet a way. So they grew up into the grapes also. I decided to move over and make a 12 foot wide garden and about 60-70 feet long. Same as my grapes. We are transplanting the rasberrys over there and Creating two rows with a walk way down the middle. Cut them back to 12 " to stimulate new growth. Will add posts and contain them better for picking. So now my little farm has a:
Deer garden 40 x 20
Vegetable garden 40 x 125
Strawberry garden about 20 x 40
Raspberry garden 12 x 50-60 feet
Onion garden 15 x 30 feet
Grape arbor about  50-60 feet feed
Four fruit trees Creating a small orchard out back
Thinking of adding a blue berry garden and more fruit trees. I am hilling all the gardens and covering in plastic mulch. Leaving walk ways uncovered. I hope to mow them. So weeding will be to a minimum. Got half of the fertilized with 10-10-10 this morning. Raining lightly now. Should mix it in well then i'll retill and cover and plant. Love my tractor with tiller and all. But wife is worried we wont have grass left soon! LOL But grass means mowing and you can't eat it. Also a little less mowing may mean a little more fishing and smoking. Will update pics soon.
Inside setup.

Keymaster

Now thats one big rototiller, hope you never have to buy new tires :) Nice big gardens, Thanks for sharing.

mikecorn.1

Pretty cool. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Quarlow

Very nice. You have a great place there.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

just a smokin

:o

ha ha wow nice pics ,and here when i got up this am i had to go and shovel snow off of the deck.And then shovel snow on my way to my smoke house .Damn you wanna trade locations ?? .just bugging you there your pics look real nice

squirtthecat

tsquared

Looks great!
What's a deer garden?
T2

viper125

Thats were my deer come from! ;) Well I have quite a few deer around here all summer. If they don't eat well I dont either.. Plus it fattens them up good for season. We love our venison.
Inside setup.

slowpoke

I'm think'n nice quiet Bow for the deer harvest?
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Tater

I have to go 20 miles to shoot my venison out of my BIL's 120 acre alfalfa patch.  Takes venison to a whole new level.

viper125

Well I'm only about 1 mile out of town. But we can burn here,shoot or hunt here and about anything we want. We have only been taking about 5-6 deer here. But it's a small herd of 20-30 deer. I allow my daughter in law,son and grand kids to hunt and my self. We split all the deer they help clean. Which is usually the ones they kill and the neighbor and I do the same with the ones he shoots. Usually 3-4. We eventually don't shoot enough as the herd builds bigger each year. They play havoc on all the gardens around here and the neighbors would soon i shoot all of them. But I like it how it is. Also me and the wife are physically disabled so I cant hunt any where id have to walk a long ways.That's the reason for tractor and plastic. If it wasn't for my son and daughter in law Id never get things done. But my family all work hard and enjoy it. Also the boy loves all my toys too! LOL
Inside setup.

tsquared

Fattening them up for the freezer--I llike that! We don't have a tractor or the space so we fence them out of our garden. Prior to putting up a deer fence we'd have 4 blacktail on the front lawn.
T2

viper125

Hey turn around is fair play. They eat my stuff I eat them. Makes good sausage too!
Inside setup.

Oldman

Very nice garden. Someday I hope to move out to the country before I'm to  old and garden.  However, I don't hunt any longer.

Post pics when your garden is in full fruiting.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!