Back ribs ( Pork )

Started by tvp, April 08, 2008, 03:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvp

OK Guys , now that I have my BDS working I need to Impress the wife with my first Smoke !

What Flavor pucks ???

And need full proof Directions and Recipe for great ribs  for first time !

HELP  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Thanks

TVP

Kane

dont know if the way I do em is full proof but here it goes...

get yourself a couple nice racks and remove the membrane from em.

spritz em with a 50/50 apple juice, Jack Danials mix and than rub em down with your favorite dry rub and wrap em tight in saran wrap overnight.  uncover about a hour before you wanna start cooking em and let em sit at room temp while your Bradley preheats. I cook mine at 210 but let your smoker preheat to like 300 cuz the temp will drop quite a bit when you add the ribs.

fill your bowl with water and hit em with say 3 hours of smoke for your first time. I like hickory or apple. open the door quick and spritz em down with your apple juice, Jack Danials Mix like once per hour.  you could just use 100% apple juice if you want. after 3 hours of smoke.  spritz the ribs really good and wrap em in foil. back in the smoker for another 3 hours. than pull em out and toss em on the grill and sauce em up real good with your favorite sauce.  meat should be fall off the bone tender. enjoy

tvp

Sounds Great , What does the Jack D do to the flavor ??

TVP

smashraj84

Quote from: Kane on April 08, 2008, 03:45:33 PMspritz the ribs really good and wrap em in foil. back in the smoker for another 3 hours. t

So it's alright to use aluminum foil in the smoker?

iceman

Quote from: smashraj84 on April 08, 2008, 04:36:05 PM
Quote from: Kane on April 08, 2008, 03:45:33 PMspritz the ribs really good and wrap em in foil. back in the smoker for another 3 hours. t

So it's alright to use aluminum foil in the smoker?

You can wrap meat in foil and keep on cooking it no problem. Just don't cover up the drip pan with foil.

2hot2smoke

OK, here it goes I am new here and this is my first time with the BDS, the night before i put rub and a bit of olive oil on the BB ribs overnight. I just put them in the smoker for 3 hrs on 225, and now I added BBq sauce and they are wrapped with foil  in the oven, how long should i keep them in the oven at 225? 

westexasmoker

Welcome 2hot

I usually do beef ribs...but I'd guess to say about 3-4 hours.  I just watch for the meat to start pulling back from the bone and call it good!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!