Perfect pulled pork sammich?

Started by Tater, December 11, 2011, 04:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Quote from: Quarlow on December 13, 2011, 06:30:13 PM
As you can see Tater, there are no bias's here we all like it the same way, PULLED!  ;D ;D ;D

And with the slaw on the side.  ;D

hal4uk

Slap it on some white bread (with some Starne's sauce) and slap another slice of white bread on top.

Smash it hot...

Till it looks like this...

Then EAT IT.

Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tater

HI Piker,

About the only place in the Flathead Valley that carries any supplies is the Sportsman just north of town.  It's a large sporting goods store that carries some supplies for sausage makers.  They carry the Bradley so they do have some supplies for it.  They have a limited supply of casings, spice blends and additives for sausage and jerky making.  The Sportsman is in the same area as the Home Depot and across the street from Lowes.

Good luck,
Tim

Tater

hal4uk,
Now that's a good lookin' sammich!
Tim

KyNola

Quote from: Tater on December 13, 2011, 07:32:20 PM
hal4uk,
Now that's a good lookin' sammich!
Tim
Tater, that's because that is a Starne's perfect pulled pork sandwich!  Did I mention that Hal and I are both from the same home town where Starne's makes those sandwiches everyday?!

Piker

thanks Tater I will check it out.    I know the place. Piker

squirtthecat

Quote from: Ka Honu on December 13, 2011, 01:43:41 PM
but seriously, STC - catsup?  You eat that stuff?

I do!  Every time I open a bottle of Starne's sauce..    ;)

Recently, I've taken a liking to the Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce that Southern Smoked gave me.  It has a nice vinegar tang to it.

And Hal's (and Starne's) smashed pork sammies are to die for...

Ka Honu

Quote from: squirtthecat on December 14, 2011, 05:19:11 AMI do!  Every time I open a bottle of Starne's sauce.. 

Got me on that one (but I bet the Starne's people use at least some of their magic to treat it to get rid of the hair and other nasty bits).

Shasta bob

Quote from: hal4uk on December 13, 2011, 07:11:00 PM
Slap it on some white bread (with some Starne's sauce) and slap another slice of white bread on top.

Smash it hot...

Till it looks like this...

Then EAT IT.

Awrighten.

One to go please or do you deliver?
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Ka Honu

Eureka!  I just realized that, despite the story he made up to explain his handle, "squirtthecat" is short for "squirt the catsup" (which explains a lot).  I love sudden flashes of insight.

OldHickory

Quote from: Ka Honu on December 14, 2011, 10:52:44 AM
Eureka!  I just realized that, despite the story he made up to explain his handle, "squirtthecat" is short for "squirt the catsup" (which explains a lot).  I love sudden flashes of insight.

Now that's funny.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Tater

I don't believe I can find Starne's here.  I can't remember seeing it on a shelf.  Is there something similar?
Tim