• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just got my new Bradley digital 4!!!!

Started by tbone124, May 04, 2012, 05:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbone124

Hi everyone just got my smoker yesterday and after 2 hours of a good break in smoke I'm ready to start... I'm smoking a rack of baby backs rubbed in gunpowder and a Boston but rubbed in gun powder.      I've been going thru the posts and found gunpowder mentioned here and want to say thanks to everyone cause I never would have found it!  I did notice my smoke generator is having a hard time pushing expended bisquettes off the burner... Could this be because I have three aluminum pucks stacked on top of my bisquettes???

Keymaster

Welcome aboard, I  never used the bubba pucks so not sure, try it without them and see. If you have a camera take some pictures and post your ribs.

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum tbone. Too much weight in the puck stack can cause advance problems for some of us. I drilled some good sized holes in my bubba pucks to lighten them up and the advance works much easier.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

dman4505

Welcome
Where was our invite to sample your first smoke?
Have fun

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Smoker John

Welcome to the boards. I too was thinking about drilling holes in the pucks like Salmonsmoker mentioned. It seems to be putting a bit of a strain on the advance.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Kahunas

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

tbone124

My first time doin ribs and have to say they smell and look awesome!  I would upload some pics but have no idea how to...

mikecorn.1

Quote from: tbone124 on May 04, 2012, 01:00:26 PM
My first time doin ribs and have to say they smell and look awesome!  I would upload some pics but have no idea how to...
WHAT!!! ;D ;D

This is for photobucket.com. There are other places you can upload pics to also.

Create and account and upload pics.
When you scroll over a pic, a drop down menu will appear under the pic.
Click on the img code and it will then say copied.
Go to your thread and press control (ctrl) and v at the same time to paste the link you copied from photo bucket. Make sure your cursor is where you want it before you do this. Good luck  ;)

Mike

mikecorn.1

Got them pics up. Nice. :)

Mike

SiFumar

Great job! I don't add the pucks until the last  bisquette drops in.

tbone124

Now if  I can get the Boston but to finish.... For some reason the heat keeps kicking off on my smoker.... I have to turn the power off and then back on and set it really high (like320) and then it comes back on...any ideas?  I did check all the cables and plugs and it has been working all day..

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: tbone124 on May 04, 2012, 04:35:26 PM
Now if  I can get the Boston but to finish.... For some reason the heat keeps kicking off on my smoker.... I have to turn the power off and then back on and set it really high (like320) and then it comes back on...any ideas?  I did check all the cables and plugs and it has been working all day..

What are you setting the oven time to?

Can you describe the problem in more detail. The digital is controlled by a thermostat, when it reaches the targeted temperature (it will often overshoot), it will turn the power to the elements off until the temperature drops below the set temperature, then it will turn the power to the element back on. This cycle will continue until you shut the oven off.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)