HALFORDS

Started by marauder11, March 05, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder11

Well i just found out that free shipping is on orders over 200 bucks now. I also have tried a few spices from them the Belmont summer sausage is the best i have ever tried in my homemade stuff. Might be the only one i use for now on.Also they have a Mennonite sausage spice i made some in all pork 80/20. After i gave some to family to try i am in trouble. I am now looking at 6 packs of it to fill the orders from my family. I also order there  mild Italian and a farmers mix. Plus they sell the smoke pistol cartridges a bonus for me . I am happy with the quick delivery to order Sunday here Tuesday.

Mr Walleye

Excellent Marauder11!

Thanks for sharing. Nice to know how fast they got things out too.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Piker

Really its a good store their prices are not to bad. There are cheaper prices elsewhere but with shipping and all elsr included its about even. Their raw spices are really good and in bulk are really cheap. All in all probably the best place I deal at and its only 180 miles from home. Piker

Quarlow

Well this is rare.  A CDN majority post. I just had to put my waving flag on it eh. I have never heard of Halfords before. I will have to check it out.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

unclebuck

I used Atlas Cutlery prior to their amalgamation.  Since then I have been in Halford's facility many times.  Just to walk into the place and smell the spices is enough to cause the wallet to jump out of the pocket!!!!  I have not used any of their blends, but I use their raw spices, as I have found that the whole spices keep much better.  I grind what I need in my coffee grinder in order to have fresh spices each time I make sausage or cure meat.
what can't be smoked can't be eaten

Mr Walleye

Quote from: unclebuck on March 09, 2012, 09:02:25 PM
I used Atlas Cutlery prior to their amalgamation.  Since then I have been in Halford's facility many times.  Just to walk into the place and smell the spices is enough to cause the wallet to jump out of the pocket!!!!  I have not used any of their blends, but I use their raw spices, as I have found that the whole spices keep much better.  I grind what I need in my coffee grinder in order to have fresh spices each time I make sausage or cure meat.

UncleBuck

That is what I prefer to do as well!

I think you get more consistent flavor this way for sure.

Mike

rigstar

either your in, or your in the f***ing way

Smoke some

Yes X2 on the link Mr.Walleye :) and thanks for the post marauder11 :)

will be placing a order with them shortly, will let you know how it goes :)

just a smokin

yes Halfords has been great , there is also CTR in Edmonton or calgary also that is very good too. I have used both of them for various things . i actually have taken once and want to take it again is there one day sausage course . that was fantastic and i'm told too that halfords does the same now also.

Bavind

the ctr sausage course is really good

Smoke some

Very happy with the service from Halford's
ordered on Monday and Purolator showed up Friday morning with my box of goodies
not bad for 1682 miles

time to try out some of their seasoning mixes

Mr Walleye

Smoke Some

That is really good service!  ;)

Keep us posted how you like any of the goodies you got.

Mike

Smoke some

Will do mike   
I only have my recipes from scratch to compare the one's from halford too
never tried any premix before, so I will let you know how they turn out in comparison to my own
just stuffed 10 pounds of halfords kielbasa tonight so we will see :)

had to do a little math tonight also seeing how the kit is for 23 pounds

marauder11

Ok I have asked about the 23 pound thing. I was told that if you would take the weight of the water in acct that would make25 pounds. Not sure what others think about that but that what was explained to me..

Mr Walleye

That is probably correct Marauder11 and makes sense. I guess to a certain extent it depends how much water you use in the mix but it probably works out pretty close when you add the weight of the mix as well.

Mike