Bisquettes through the mail.

Started by yul, February 06, 2008, 07:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yul

Hi Guys, I have been having trouble finding different flavors of bisquettes in my area and have been toying with the idea of ordering them direct from Bradley. I was wondering if they "travel "  well or if they arrive in chunks. Have any of you tried this method or do you have a preferred supplier who made sure they arrived in one piece?

Brian. Montreal.

Mr Walleye

I have ordered pucks directly from Bradley and I didn't have any problem with any damage on them.
Here is a link I recently found on Ebay.ca 5 boxes any flavor for $79.29 plus shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Bradley-Smoker-Bisquettes-5-boxes-MAXIMIZED-SAVINGS_W0QQitemZ360021048703QQihZ023QQcategoryZ10035QQcmdZViewItem

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Scotty-G

Also check out Amazon.  I typically buy 4 boxes (look for pay for 3 and get 4th free deal) plus free shipping.  price per bisquette comes out to about $.33 each.

Dalby Spook

Yul, if your a skinflint like me ( no insult to Yorkshiremen intended) you can, with a little ingenuity, make your own.  I use a blender to get the sawdust the correct particle size and a manual 1/2 ton arbor press to form them. Never bought a box of pucks yet. There's some photos on my previous posts some where.
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

Ontrack

Scotty-G hit it on the head. If you choose the free shipping method at Amazon, they ship them USPS. May take a week or so to get them, but I've never had any damaged (like half of the stuff I get from UPS).

FLBentRider

I purchased my OBS and all bisquettes from Cabelas online. The freight was cheaper than the sales tax / diesel fuel to get to my nearest Outdoor World. I have had no issues with UPS-delivered pucks. I usually add pucks to an order of other stuff to "bulk up" my order to take advantage of freight charges.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ontrack

I like the "buy 3 boxes get one free" from Amazon. My only local choice is to drive 30 miles each way to Dicks Sporting Goods and pay out the @ss for a very limited selection. Ain't gonna happen... :P

yul

Hi  Dalby, no offence taken. I saw your other post about DIY pucks and was very interested. I have access to a press at work so I might have a bash. A friend does a lot of fancy cabinet work and has bags of oak and maple saw dust that he throws out but I was afraid this would be to fine to bind together.
And talking about your posts being somewhere on the site, I seem to have lost my original post from the "Original Bradley Smoker " section. Do they move stuff around or have I been kicked off already for looking at the " home made pucks" section?

Brian.
Brian. Montreal.

Gizmo

Look at your profile and then click on the link to your previous posts.  You may not have saved the message.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

yul

Thanks Gizmo, must be the wobble pops. I could not find it where I left it yesterday then today ,there it is back again.
Thanks for the tip on finding the missing post.
Brian. Montreal.

West Coast Kansan

wobble pops here too sometimes  ;)

;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Stickbowcrafter

I bought a 120 pack of Apple from Amazon recently and they arrived in perfect shape. Great price and free shipping too.

-Brian

Ontrack

You're right again, Brian. That's a deal that's hard (or impossible) to beat. I usually order 4 boxes of 48's at a time. It's amazing how fast they disappear, though, especially apple and hickory in my case.

yul

Hi Mike,
Found two boxes of apple at Canadian Tire today, :o added a bottle of windshield fluid and used the $10 rebate coupon .
Going again tomorrow to pick up two boxes of Hickory and use another coupon.
Like you say, if they didn't want you to use them, they would not send them. ;)
Brian. Montreal.

Mr Walleye

Right on Brian. I also made two trips. Same thing 2 Apple and 2 Hickory.

:D  ;D

How are you making out on your PID?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes