Door seal gap

Started by jakev, November 18, 2011, 10:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakev

I put them in about 830 this morning. I'm hoping they'll be done about 830 tonight. But I've read on here about sometimes taking up to 24 hours, so I was thinking if it's not done at 830 I'll pull it and put it in the oven.
After 3 1/2 hours I finally got the temp in the smoker up to 210. It was up to 250 before I opened it to put the butts in, after I put them in it was down to 150. I'm only planning on opening it once more, when the smoke is done to change the water. Hopefully that won't hurt my temp too much!

I appreciate everyone's help!
Jake

ArnieM

As Sailor said - let it rest in an FTC for at least a couple of hours.  It's worth it.

Yeah, enough apple juice or cider to moisten it, not make it sloppy - yet.  You can also mix in some of your favorite Q sauce but go light.  People can add more when they eat if they like.  Cooking for a crowd can be difficult due to varying tastes.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ArnieM

You don't need much water after the smoking is done.  Just enough to catch any grease and avoid any possibility of 'dry' grease catching fire.
-- Arnie

Sailor

Your temp will come back up just give it some time.  Remember that you will see those butts stall out and don't panic if the IT don't climb.  That is when the magic is happening.  Just let them go and do there thing.   ;)

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

jakev

Thanks everyone for all your help! I dumped the water and refilled with hot water. After about 20 min the temp is up to 200.
Jake

ArnieM

Sounds like you're having fun Jake.  That's what it's all about  :)
-- Arnie

KyNola

Glad you're having fun Jake.  Put me in the minority as I don't like doing the entire smoke/cook in the Bradley.  I prefer to do 4 hours of smoke in the Bradley and then transfer to the oven.  Don't ask me why, I am just more comfortable doing it that way.

Either way will work though.

Enjoy yourself my friend.

jakev

Thanks. I'm hoping to post some pics soon!
Jake