• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Memorial Day Pulled Pork on the EGG

Started by Dex, May 26, 2009, 06:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex

Did my first ever pulled pork this weekend. Turned out AWESOME! 16lbs total.... one butt took 16 hours and the other took 17 hours. Used hickory smoke. Here are some pics....

3 hours into it.... took a peek and inserted my temp probes

During the 16 hours of smoking/cooking, I made this little "BBQ Station"

16 hours in.... one of the butts are done

canadiansmoker

That looks great Dex! I didn't realize you could control the heat well enough for that long a period of time in those things.

Dex

Oh yes.... actually I can controll it WAY easier than I could on my Bradley (no controller) Once you set it, it stays put and doesnt budge! Recovery time is awesome as well. In a matter of seconds its back up to temp after you open the lid.

starship

Fine looking puled pork there, makes me hungry just looking.

I have never seen an egg up close. You seem to like yours!
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Dex

Quote from: starship on May 26, 2009, 09:23:57 AM
Fine looking puled pork there, makes me hungry just looking.

I have never seen an egg up close. You seem to like yours!

If you get a chance, check one out! Better yet.... if you get a chance, eat something that is grilled/smoked on one!

okeejohn

Are you on the Egghead forum? I have a  large BGE  and enjoy it very much. Smoked cheese is much easier on the Bradley then on the BGE. Enjoy!!

Okeejohn

Dex

Quote from: okeejohn on May 26, 2009, 11:16:28 AM
Are you on the Egghead forum? I have a  large BGE  and enjoy it very much. Smoked cheese is much easier on the Bradley then on the BGE. Enjoy!!

Okeejohn

Yeah Im on there.... same name as here. I like the layout of this site MUCH better though! I wish they would do make their site more like this one