• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

FTC

Started by bundy, January 31, 2010, 08:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy

Another dumb ? from me, what does FTC mean when doing the butts and briskets, I tried search but can't eve3n get that one to work, really feeling dumb in Dakota!

hal4uk

Search on "Foil Towel Cooler".
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

bundy

That got me a "No Results Found"

Ka Honu

"FTC" = Foil Towel Cooler.  When the meat is at the desired IT (or a couple degrees below), we generally wrap it in foil with maybe a splash of liquid, then a towel, and put it in a (room temperature) cooler or other insulated container for at least an hour.  This allows the meat to rest and redistribute/recover some moisture as well as keeping it warm until serving.

MPTubbs

When your done smoking/cooking.

Foil wrap the meat.

Then wrap with Towl.

Then place in Cooler to let it rest.

It will stay hot for a loooong time that way and also let the juices soak back into the meat.
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

bundy

FLBentRider

You can find the answer to that and other questions here - http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=748#post748
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ka Honu

Didn't we have a list of acronyms and abbreviations around here somewhere? I seem to remember having seen it but can't remember where (not unusual for me).

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 31, 2010, 09:36:04 AM
Didn't we have a list of acronyms and abbreviations around here somewhere? I seem to remember having seen it but can't remember where (not unusual for me).

Here it is Ka Honu. What do all these acronyms mean?
HawkeyeSmokes