• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Trip to Sam's!

Started by KyNola, October 03, 2009, 03:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: KyNola on October 07, 2009, 10:09:03 AM
CS,
Not yet.  My wife has a great recipe for osso bucco that she will be using those oxtails in.  Braised in aromatics, red wine and tomato paste.  Fork tender.

KyNola

Osso bucco is one of my favorite dishes. I've never used oxtails in the pot, with the shank.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caribou

Quote from: KyNola on October 07, 2009, 10:09:03 AM
CS,
Not yet.  My wife has a great recipe for osso bucco that she will be using those oxtails in.  Braised in aromatics, red wine and tomato paste.  Fork tender.

KyNola
KyNola,
I'm interested in trying something new with my ox tails, I usually just do the oxtail soup recipe from my mom's 1950's Betty Crocker cookbook.
I've got three  oxails in the freezer and I'd love to try your osso bucco recipe, if it's not a secret recipe.  :)
Thanks!
Carolyn

KyNola

Carolyn,
I'll get Jan to get the recipe out and fire it to you.

KyNola

ArnieM

I've had osso bucco at a local restaurant and it was really good.  I haven't done it myself yet. 

I believe that 'ox' tails are really 'cow' tails these days because there just aren't that many oxen around.  Maybe it depends on where you live.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: ArnieM on October 07, 2009, 11:42:33 PM
I've had osso bucco at a local restaurant and it was really good.  I haven't done it myself yet. 

I believe that 'ox' tails are really 'cow' tails these days because there just aren't that many oxen around.  Maybe it depends on where you live.

Did you see the People of WalMart post?  http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/283.jpg :D
HawkeyeSmokes

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Caribou

Quote from: KyNola on October 07, 2009, 08:12:51 PM
Carolyn,
I'll get Jan to get the recipe out and fire it to you.

KyNola
Oh, thank you very much!  :)
Carolyn