• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Did another butt in the OBS

Started by joerom, November 08, 2009, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: squirtthecat on November 09, 2009, 05:11:39 AM
Quote from: FLBentRider on November 09, 2009, 04:16:33 AM
Quote from: Dr. Evil on November 08, 2009, 11:33:31 PM
18 hours??...sadly, I will probably never do one of these.  I dont have the patience.  Looks great though.

You really ought to try one. you just have to pace yourself with the beverages  ;D

Bingo...  You start with beer (or adult beverage of choice), smoke overnight, switch to coffee when you check it in the morning, then maybe a soft drink while it is FTC'd.   Grab another beer and pull+eat.

I like the way you are thinking STC

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

joerom

Smokin Soon,
        Yes they gave us a full Walmart.WE really have nothing else here,so I was very happy to get the 24 hour version.
                            Joe.

joerom

Dr. Evil ,
         It really does not require any patience.I put it in at 6:00 in the evening for 4 hours with smoke.Then I empty the bowl with the bisquettes and replace it with a large foil pan with water and go to bed.I do have a thermometer plugged into the butt,and I just peek through my window on the side porch where it is located to check the temp of the meat.I do not move it,or mop it or do anything.I just check the thermometer now and again until it reaches 185 to 190 internal.All I actually did was change the water once.That is it,no work,no watching,no nothing.The Bradley does it all.Give it a try.But if you do,please don't tell anyone how easy it is. ;D
                                                                 Joe.

JGW

Joe,

We must think alike.  I did a butt this wkend as well.  16 hours on mine.  First time trying Iceman's Rub (Oink'r Rub).  I recommend this one.

BTW, Iceman....great stuff, I loved it.  Doused the butt in mustard, put the rub on.  Great bark, and it tasted GREAT.   ;D :)  Thank you for sharing your recipe.

Anyway, Joe....I did pretty much the same thing.....smoked, then changed water (also in a large foil pan) and went to bed.  Pretty much let the Bradley do what it does.

joerom

JGW ,
     I forgot to mention that I put a rub on it.It is just a mod of one of the rubs here.Once you make a butt in the Bradley,and see how easy it is,you will do many.There is no rocket science here.
                                                                       Joe.

joerom

JGW,
     I wanted to ask you where is your picture.We need pictures of smoked meat here to survive. ;D
                                         Joe.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 08, 2009, 04:57:27 PM
Looks good joe.

Isn't funny that even mistakes taste pretty good ?

Was the mistake the mesquite? That is some nice smoke on a piece of meat like that.

Awesome looking butt smoke. ;D