• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Did another butt in the OBS

Started by joerom, November 08, 2009, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joerom

Hello everyone,
           I smoked another butt in the OBS.It was a little over 10 pounds and took around 18 hours at 210 degrees.I used Mesquite for 4 hours.I took it to 187 internal and it pulled beautifully.The bone came out clean.I was moist and tasted great.I vac sealed the leftovers in individual servings for about 2 sandwiches each.My freezer is really getting full.I believe that the Bradley really shines when doing pulled pork.I have yet to fail with anything with the OBS. ;D
                                                                    Joe.

FLBentRider

Looks good joe.

Isn't funny that even mistakes taste pretty good ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Thats a nice looking butt there Joe!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

KyNola

Nice going Joe!

That looks awesome!

KyNola

HawkeyeSmokes

HawkeyeSmokes

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

Good looking cook there Joe! I have never tried one that big. The ones around here are usually 6-7 pounds sold in a twin pack.

joerom

I was in Walmart,and saw this thing there,so I had to have it.Turned out to be a great piece of meat.
                                                  Joe.

Smokin Soon

Joe, do you have a "big box" Wally Mart near you? Ones that sell fresh meat and everything? I don't have any here.

rdav01

JoeHifi

joerom,

Yep, That looks very good.

I gotta get over there and see what they got.

Joe

Dr. Evil

18 hours??...sadly, I will probably never do one of these.  I dont have the patience.  Looks great though.
Brian Bradley for Prime Minister !!

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

FLBentRider

Quote from: Dr. Evil on November 08, 2009, 11:33:31 PM
18 hours??...sadly, I will probably never do one of these.  I dont have the patience.  Looks great though.

You really ought to try one. you just have to pace yourself with the beverages  ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 09, 2009, 04:16:33 AM
Quote from: Dr. Evil on November 08, 2009, 11:33:31 PM

You really ought to try one. you just have to pace yourself with the beverages  ;D

Bingo...  You start with beer (or adult beverage of choice), smoke overnight, switch to coffee when you check it in the morning, then maybe a soft drink while it is FTC'd.   Grab another beer and pull+eat.